resale, what to offer??

Mbm1014

Shine ON!
Can anyone please share there experience when making an offer on DVC via resale?? How much below asking did you offer? did it go through? any advice is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

It's really up to you- you can negotiate price, maint fees, closing costs. However, it's currently a sellers market but you never know :). If you're not in a rush, just keep offering and see what happens.

Or, you can have a price in mind and just stick with that until or if it goes through.

That being said, contracts they are low are snatched up quickly. Contracts on the high side sit on the market for awhile. It's like buying a home :). Good luck!

As an example of my recent offer, the seller is selling 400pts with 255pts banked. They were at $89pp. I offered $75pp (wanting to drive the price down in to the low $80's. They came back with $80pp. Knowing the resale market and watching the boards daily, I accepted the offer immediately. My goal was to be closer to $82 - $83pp.

Kind of depends on the resort and what they are selling for, as well as if the contract is stripped or loaded. We had a loaded contract but still negotiated a bit and the seller accepted. All you can do is try!

I ended up not negotiating. At the time there weren't a lot of contracts available for the resort I wanted with a use year that worked for me. So, after weeks of waiting for one, I made a full price offer. I didn't want to be "out bid" and have to wait for another contract to come along. It was worth it to me to pay asking price.

As an example of my recent offer, the seller is selling 400pts with 255pts banked. They were at $89pp. I offered $75pp (wanting to drive the price down in to the low $80's. They came back with $80pp. Knowing the resale market and watching the boards daily, I accepted the offer immediately. My goal was to be closer to $82 - $83pp.
Awesome, this helps a TON! What resort was that? Just curious! SO happy for yoU!!! Let the magic begin!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter