• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resale-Transfer points to another member?

ilovefh

Is it Disney time yet?
I know that there are some new rules on resale but I want to make sure this is possible.

My parents are direct from DVC purchasers. They want to cover the cost of a room in Feb for my sister. When my sister's resale purchase comes through they want her to transfer those points back to them. I think we're still allowed 1 transfer per year but I wasn't sure if a new resale could still transfer.

is the 1 transfer per calendar year per account or 1 transfer per UY?

for instance, can I transfer points FROM my 2016 UY to someone else's 2016, and then that same person transfers their 2017 UY back to me, even if done within days of each other? Essentially swapping my 2016 points with their 2017 points.

is the 1 transfer per calendar year per account or 1 transfer per UY?

for instance, can I transfer points FROM my 2016 UY to someone else's 2016, and then that same person transfers their 2017 UY back to me, even if done within days of each other? Essentially swapping my 2016 points with their 2017 points.

I don't have any first hand experience, but my understanding is that this is allowed (transfer limit based on UY).

It is one transfer per use year. You can transfer points at any given time for the use year you are currently in or for the next use year. You can do your one transfer for the current use year and the one thransfer for the next use year at the same time. I would advise, however, that you not do those on the same phone call because MS personnel may not be familiar with actual rule and may refuse to do both transfers at the same time. Just use separate phone calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter