• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resale questions - not sure if this is the right forum

I just bought last month through the TSS and I had to send in a certified check for closing. A personal check was allowed for the deposit but I was not allowed to use my credit card.

When buying through Disney, you can put the entire purchase on your card (just did that with my add on at BLT).

However, I have seen posts on the board where others indicated that they were allowed to use their CC for at least the deposit.

I have used two brokers for resale purchases and credit cards were not accepted by either of them. GMAC might allow them????

international gmac resale DOeS...RACHELT@internationalgmac.com email is awesome..she'll help you with everything until the day of the closing...

Rachel thompson at International gmac is amazing...I'm currently selling with her and she is wonderful

good luck

Lisa

Resale brokers charge the seller a 10%-15% commission for handling the sale. If they allowed the buyer to pay with a credit card, the 2-3% fee they would owe the credit card company would reduce their commission to as low as 7%, a 30% reduction in what they make on the sale. Given those figures, it's not surprising that most resale brokers do not accept credit cards.

It's different when you purchase directly from Disney because the profit margin is much larger so they are more willing to give up 2-3%. And given the volume of business Disney does with the credit card companies they probably get a discounted rate from the credit card companies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter