resale purchase slowed by the seller

Well I just sold a contract thru TTS and I turned my contract around in less than an hour so whoever bought my points has NO issues!!!

Now we are in ROFR and I am hoping for my buyer!!!

Selling this contract allows me to reallocate my points around as well as share DVC with another party. Win Win!

I wish that you were my seller. Oh well. I am with TTS also. Jamie is going to call the seller to try to see if she can hurry it along. I will be so disappointed if this fails. Patience is not one of my better qualities.:bored: :bored:

We just purchased 2 contracts via resale. One seller was much quicker than the other, but in the end, it all worked out. Believe it or not, the contracts both closed around the same time. Like the OP, one seller took a while to sign the contract and get it in, but once the contracts were signed, the closing went smoothly and both contracts turned around quickly.

Wishing you the very best, as buying resale seems like the longest process ever :coffee: when you REALLY want that contract!!!

After commissions and closing and whatever other charges. How much per point did it end up costing you. Or was it that there were extra pts banked to offset the price, or someother factor. I have read over and over that you save buying resale but I never have seen anyone post the numbers? If anyone wants to give some real Data, I would be very interested.:confused3

BCV $90 pp. 100 points with 30 banked. Seller still has not sent back the paperwork. Not looking good.:scared:

:scared1: This one is new to me, too. How scary!

Here's to hoping all of us waiting to close, etc. will be just fine.:grouphug:

I find browsing the DIS helps my anxiety, Budshark! I'm impatient,too! I can't WAIT to change my ticker from waiting to close to waiting to GO!!!:cool1:

BCV $90 pp. 100 points with 30 banked. Seller still has not sent back the paperwork. Not looking good.:scared:

Now I just paid 93 per point for AKL, no hassel no waiting, and its good for what is it 14 more years. I also own BCV and love it by the way but paid 73$ pp in 2003. My how things have gone up.

We're having just the opposite problem. We are the sellers and have had one sale fall through after waiting a week and then the buyer deciding he didn't have enough money! We sold the contract again and are again facing the same problem -- almost a week and no $$ or signed contract from the buyer. And we gave them a great deal on a loaded contract. I feel like I should be on that HGTV show "Buy Me"!

I don't think I'm allowed to say on the boards, but if you go on the TTS site, it's the very last one on the list.

These types of problems are unusual, but not unheard of. Sometimes they have second thoughts, and sometimes they're on vacation or a business trip but most of the time it's just a question of getting all the paperwork done and sent in.

I've heard of only one situation where a buyer actually backed out after the deal passed ROFR (and they did it on two different contracts). There have probably been more, but it doesn't happen often.

Yes, that was a sad day when our UK seller (same as Laura's) backed out after ROFR, but we were able to get another contract with another seller soon enough for our vacation plans.

Ours involved paperwork getting sent back unnotarized. The seller wasn't in any hurry to get the paperwork back in the first place, then sent in back unnotarized, so it all had to go back to her to resign. Eventually it went through, but resales are not a good deal if you are in a hurry.

I had problems with my seller, too! When the contract went to ROFR, Disney put a stop on it, because the sellers owed on maitenance fees. The sellers refused to pay the money they owed, TTS offered to pay the money to get things moving, but the owners refused, as a matter of principle. After 2 1/2 months I withdrew my offer, and bought directly from Disney so that I had points, and could still take the trip I had planned.

Man, I am glad mine was smooth. Took exactly 7.5 weeks from returning paperwork to making first reservation on points.

TSS was extremely responsive and the whole process was very easy. Yeah, it probably took 6 weeks longer than through WDW, but we saved 2K and were still able to make reservations for 6 weeks out at VWL.

This happened to me on my first resale contract. Passed ROFR and then the seller changed his mind. It took another 6 months for me to find the BWV points and Oct. UY I wanted. Now I add on directly and it is so much less nerve wracking.

The seller finally got their act together. Closing company got the materials today and we close tomorrow. Thank you for all of your support.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The seller finally got their act together. Closing company got the materials today and we close tomorrow.

Congratulations! You deserve it -- it was difficult enough to read about your situation, let alone live through it.

Congratulations, I'm glad it worked out for you. For us, not so good. I just heard from our agent that the second buyer in a row backed out of the contract because they couldn't come up with the down. What I can't figure out is why people make an offer if they don't even know if they can come up with the downpayment!!

Sorry Judy. I hope that your next buyer is like me. ansious to give away the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter