resale purchase slowed by the seller

JCerniglow

Earning My Ears
I have cleared ROFR and sent in my certified check and paperwork. The seller keeps telling the closing company that they are sending the paperwork but despite the assurances, they have not sent it. has anyone lost a resale after ROFR secondary to sellers remorse?:scared1:

Problems with the seller have been reported here before. That is one of the risks buying resale. I hope everything works out. Good luck.

What a horrible thought -- good luck getting the seller to cooperate!

Oh great... something else for me to worry about IF I pass ROFR, thanks. :sick:

Good luck to you, I'm sure the seller will come through for you!!!

Oh geebus... I am glad I read this thread AFTER I closed!!! :scared:

Good luck and I hope everything works out!!!

I am so sorry for you. Sending you some good luck for the process to speed up. I'm really glad this did not happen to us. I didn't even think it would have been much of an issue.

Patience is a virtue. I know because I have none. I tried the resale route and it drove me insane. I couldn't stand the wait. Good luck. Patience will pay off in the end. I wish I had some.:)

Good Luck!

I had this happen and as it turned out it was due to a Divorce in process. And paperwork had to go from one state to another! But it did go thru!

j

Thanks all. You would think that the sellers would be anxious to get their money.:headache:

I have cleared ROFR and sent in my certified check and paperwork. The seller keeps telling the closing company that they are sending the paperwork but despite the assurances, they have not sent it. has anyone lost a resale after ROFR secondary to sellers remorse?:scared1:

Our sellers were VERY slow to send papers back... Not the closing documents, but the contract...

Hope all goes well...

These types of problems are unusual, but not unheard of. Sometimes they have second thoughts, and sometimes they're on vacation or a business trip but most of the time it's just a question of getting all the paperwork done and sent in.

I've heard of only one situation where a buyer actually backed out after the deal passed ROFR (and they did it on two different contracts). There have probably been more, but it doesn't happen often.

Yes, I lost a contract after ROFR because of seller remorse. Kind of soured me on the resale option and hence have done all our add-ons (and even a second memebership) straight with Disney.

Laura

Yes, I lost a contract after ROFR because of seller remorse. Kind of soured me on the resale option and hence have done all our add-ons (and even a second memebership) straight with Disney.

Laura
Laura,

Was your deal one of those involving a seller from the UK who backed out of two deals?

I wonder what would happen to the seller? Do they still have to pay the commission? What about the buyer's deposit, do you get that back?

Darn you people... :furious:

I am the most impatient person in the world and I just made an offer on a resale today! And I thought ROFR was the biggest concen!!! Now I have worry about this too?!?! :headache:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously though... good luck to you. Hope everything works out. :goodvibes

Chris

Patience is a virtue. I know because I have none. I tried the resale route and it drove me insane. I couldn't stand the wait. Good luck. Patience will pay off in the end. I wish I had some.:)
Me, too! We bought our initial 150 points resale and played the waiting game. Now we do add ons through Disney and save the hassle. Drove me CRAZY when the sellers were damn slow in returning their paperwork. I would have thought that they'd actually WANT their money.

Sorry to everyone waiting for ROFR. I did not mean to add to your agony. I was assured that my situation was very rare and at the time caused quite a discussion here. Be patient (which I know is hard, thus my going to Disney to buy). I am sure if you are working with a reputable resaler everything will be fine.

Laura

I wonder what would happen to the seller? Do they still have to pay the commission? What about the buyer's deposit, do you get that back?
Technically they would still owe the commission assuming they simply backed out but I doubt there's a reasonable way to actually collect it if someone refused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter