test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Resale offer accepted, still on the waitlist direct - not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by rusafee1183, May 5, 2013.

  1. rusafee1183

    rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

    I am a little confused how I should proceed and I need some advice from the experts please. :upsidedow

    I had given up on finding the perfect resale contract after months of stalking, waiting and watching. So, I called my DVC guide about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago and put us on the waitlist for points direct. Well, I found the perfect resale contract yesterday, made a quick offer and the seller accepted!! I know I still need to go through ROFR, so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and take myself off the waitlist just for the resale contract to be ROFR'd. But, I also don't want for both to come through miraculously at the same time and me to be having 2 contracts. :rotfl: So, what do I do...?

    I'm thinking that I just need to call my guide and tell him to make sure to run it past us before charging my card. I had previously given him the authorization to just go ahead and do it in case he couldn't get a hold of us. Is it weird that I am *slightly* nervous to tell him that I am buying resale? I am just not in the mood to argue about the 'lack of flexibility' thing.
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

    to hide this adverts.
  3. CarolMN

    CarolMN <font color="blue"><b> DVC Co-Moderator</b><br><b Moderator

    If it were me, I wouldn't call to cancel until after I passed ROFR.

    It's unlikely that your VWL waitlist will come through before then since you only got on it about 2 weeks ago. (Didn't your guide tell you there were about 50 people ahead of you?) ;) If it does, you can call your guide at that time and cancel then. It may take a few weeks, but you will get your cc deposit returned. FWIW, I do not believe Disney exercises ROFR just to fill waitlists.

    Good luck with ROFR.
  4. lovin'fl

    lovin'fl Mouseketeer

    I wouldn't let the guide in on the resale at all. If the WL comes through before the resale gets through ROFR, I think you have 10 days to cancel the direct buy, no?
  5. tb1972

    tb1972 Mouseketeer

    I think if the direct wait list comes through, you still have the opportunity to decline the sale. We spoke with a guide and asked this very question. We contemplated buying a direct add on via wait list, but a resale opportunity eventually came up. Patience pays off!

    If it were me, I'd keep my name on the wait list because as the PP said it's doubtful the wait list will become available prior to you passing resale ROFR.
  6. JimMIA

    JimMIA A little Miami humor...

    I would cancel the direct waitlist.

    You don't want to put yourself in a position where DVC ROFRs your resale contract to get the points to you direct! :eek:
  7. TinkTatoo

    TinkTatoo <font color=peach>Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulde

    I was thinking that as well, you weren't locked in to the pre price increase so you could always go back on the waitlist if they did take the contract back on ROFR

    KAT4DISNEY <font color=red>Glad to be a test subject<br><font

    I would cancel the direct waitlist. You have not been on it that long and I do not believe they will be adding to it as quickly as before the price increase on all the resorts that caused the rush. If you do get ROFR'd then get back on. And potentially being on it could cause the ROFR.

    No need to tell your guide why - just that you would like to cancel.
  9. rusafee1183

    rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

    Thanks for the responses everyone... Still unsure what to do - especially because of what Carol said...

    You're right! My guide did tell me that there were about fifty people in front of us, :eek: so this is why I am sure that they probably won't come through at the same time. I was a little worried about the waitlist being so high, and *that* would be why Disney would ROFR me.

    That would be GREAT news if Disney didn't ROFR just to fill the waitlists, because if they did I am positive they would because the demand is so high. I put in a full price offer and it wasn't exactly low compared to the ROFR thread, so I guess we'll see. I don't think I will take myself off the list until I hear back.

    One last question though... we pushed the closing back an additional month. I wonder if that has an effect on the ROFR process, or if I will still hear back in the same amount of time from Disney.

    This is my first resale process, so I apologize for being so clueless! You can read and research all you want, but until it's your money and stress waiting for an answer - it's a different ball game!

    Thanks again!!! :goodvibes
  10. ELMC

    ELMC Mouseketeer

    We have seen many times that contracts have passed when people were on the wait list for that specific resort and use year. We just don't know. However, the fact that you are considering resale suggests you are not against the idea. In that case I would not buy direct at all and simply buy resale, even if they ROFR your giraffes attempts. Good luck. :)
  11. cvo

    cvo Earning My Ears

    As long as it has been sent to ROFR already, it will not affect or delay time for disney to decide.
  12. rusafee1183

    rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

    Absolutely not against resale at all! We have been stalking it for quite a while - It's just been rough trying to find exactly what we need. I was looking specifically for a VWL contract (those are hard enough to find anyway these days), Dec use year 125 points or less. Paying $79 was what we discussed was the highest we would go, and that was exactly what this contract was... so it was finally like it was MEANT for us!

    But, you are right.... part of me wants to just cancel the waitlist either way. I just don't know that my nerves can take another year or waiting. But, maybe if I run those numbers one more time it may make a difference :rolleyes:
  13. JimMIA

    JimMIA A little Miami humor...

    The other factor I would mention is that you are already DVC members.

    In that scenario, I would not be in any huge rush to add on direct despite the difficulty in finding exactly what you want in the resale market. You're already in -- why panic and pay a huge premium buying direct?

    I would take my time -- whatever time it took. If you get in a time crunch and really need points for a particular vacation, you always have the option of getting a transfer from another DVC owner.
  14. rusafee1183

    rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

    Great point! This is when my impatience needs to take a back seat to reason. ;)

Share This Page