Resale for Bay Lake Tower

drmrchk

Mouseketeer
All you Dis-ers are so much more knowledgeable than I am. I'm trying to value some DVC points with Bay Lake Tower as the home resort. Is there a good, reliable way to determine how much per point we could reasonably get through a reseller? How do I know if the contract is subject to DVC's ROFR? Is there anything in the rules about doing a private sale from the owner to another just regular person? Like a friend?

Thanks guys, and for any links or directions or information you can offer!

Well, for starters you posted this on the resorts subforum, which is for discussing the actual resorts. Recommend you read everything you can on the purchasing DVC subforum. Start with the ROFR thread for an idea on what offers are being accepted by buyers and what Disney is exercising ROFR on, but each deal is unique so that can only really give you a rough idea. All contracts are subject to ROFR, unless it is a transfer, not a sale.

Well, for starters you posted this on the resorts subforum, which is for discussing the actual resorts. Recommend you read everything you can on the purchasing DVC subforum. Start with the ROFR thread for an idea on what offers are being accepted by buyers and what Disney is exercising ROFR on, but each deal is unique so that can only really give you a rough idea. All contracts are subject to ROFR, unless it is a transfer, not a sale.

Man, I completely missed that there was a purchasing subforum. I'll head that way. Thank you so much!!!!

How do I know if the contract is subject to DVC's ROFR?
All transfers must be submitted to Disney for ROFR. Disney automatically waives ROFR on gratuitous transfers. If any money is changing hands, Disney has the right to step in.

They are really targeting BLT right now, so I would also suggest checking out the ROFR thread and seeing what is passing. That being said, something like 95% of contracts do pass, so if one is taken, you can just try again :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter