• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resale Contract Closed. How long will it take to get entered in DVC system?

specrn

Mouseketeer
We are SUPER anxious to get our membership ID's after it took WAY longer to close on our first contract than anticipated. We went a month later than our original close date. Now we're told that once our info gets to DVC after closing, they can take up to 21 business days to just enter us into the system and issue our membership id # so we can make reservations. Does anyone have any input on this? We are desperately trying to book ASAP. Thanks

When I bought my first resale contract last year, I was in the system with points 11 days after my deed was recorded on the Orange County Comptroller website. I called member services on day 11 and was given my member number. I got the letter from DVC with my number about 18 days after the deed was recorded. This time I am at day 10 after the deed was recorded and I still don't see my new points in my account. You are definitely looking at 11-12 days at least, and it could be longer. Getting your number from member services seems to also depend on the associate you speak with.

Mine took 18 days from the day it was recorded to the day I called and they had me in the system. I started calling at 10 days out and called every day after that until I was able to get my number.

I closed just a few weeks ago and got my Member number 12 days after the deed recorded. I called the morning of day 12 and they didn't have me in the system, called again late afternoon and there I was! Member accounting then transferred me and I was able to make my November reservation. It's been almost 4 weeks since the deed recorded and I still have not received anything in the mail from DVC.

Good luck and congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter