Resale broker

Pirate Granny

DIS Veteran
Not sure if I can name names...has anyone used sell my timeshare now. It has a contract that I have been looking for....but we've only used the timeshare store...with great results. :confused3

The only reports on that particular broker have been bad,bad, bad!

Like RUN to one of the reputable brokers that the good folks here talk about... The Timeshare Store, Fidelity, DVC BY Resale.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

We made an offer yesterday, and got an email back two hours later asking us for our contact information. Noticed that they don't work weekends.

We used them for our recent purchase. I kept checking the others and just could not find what I was looking for in our UY. (I did make a few offers that just didn't work out.) I checked their site and found the perfect contract for us. Initial contact with the broker was 9/25. It took a little time to hear back, and then several days until an accepted offer. The real delay came in waiting for the sellers to return the papers, although they were great about banking some points that would have expired before I'd get them! We went to ROFR about 2 weeks later than I thought we would. And though I had warned them that the banked points would require an addendum, they didn't seem too prepared for that. Luckily, ROFR was not delayed by that.
And then, closing. That was the real time delay, and I think we paid a little more going through them for closing costs, but the price was still right. And the delay could just have been our sellers dragging their feet. We did finally get most of the points a couple weeks ago, but there were 2 contracts. I noted to the closing agent that the number of points they had on the deed was off by one (26 instead of 25.) They did not bother to fix it before sending it to Disney, and Disney would not give us the 25 points until it was corrected by the sellers...
So, short story long, we finally got the rest of the points yesterday. Total time - 9/25 to 2/9, for a nicely loaded BWV contract, $59 pp, in March UY. In time for me to book a room at BWV for F&W.
I never felt that we would lose our money, or be scammed, but they also did not feel like DVC experts like the big 3/4. We had the ability to be patient, but I did try to stay on top of it.

Thanks for your input, I have time to wait, but I want someone who knows what they are doing, especially since I have three other contracts that I need to match the buyers info exactly! We'll see how this plays out. In the next few days.

We have another contract and there were no issues with our information. Of course, I included our DVC membership info on several documents that didn't ask for it (and would have been on the docs from the others...)
GOOD LUCK!

I requested more information on two contracts on January 18th. I received two e-mails from the broker on that day. One stated that she had received my inquiry and would call me to answer any questions that I had. The second stated that she had requested information on point status from the sellers.

It is now February 11th, and I have had no further contact from the broker. No phone call and no e-mail. That doesn't exactly inspire my confidence in them. I have now focused my search elsewhere.

Well hubby called them on Friday (after making an offer the previous Saturday)...said that contract had a pending sale. Discussed what we were looking for, said he would check his listings and get back that afternoon. 48 hours later...silence...will probably not use them unless that PERFECT contract comes along...oh we'll...back in the hunt...come on VWL contracts!!!!!:badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter