RER or other transport to DLRP

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Hi all-- My family of five will be visiting DLRP two days while we're staying in Paris this summer, and I finally bothered to do the math for the RER there and back for the five of us for two days, and was shocked to realize that it'll be 160 euros or about $208. Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative to the RER (we won't have a car). Another thought: we'll be buying the Fantasy Passeport Annuel-- I don't suppose that comes with free transportation and I missed it in the fine print? :rotfl: Many thanks!

What ages are your children and are you going on a weekend as there are special rates ?

Are you going 2 consecutive days or not too and what sort of tickets are you using in Paris zones 1-2 ?

The RER is cheap, have a look at travel in London and you'll see what I mean ..lol

They are 15, 13, and 9, and we will be there most likely on a Tuesday and Wednesday. We'll be buying carnets while we're in Paris. Thanks!

What ages are your children and are you going on a weekend as there are special rates ?

Are you going 2 consecutive days or not too and what sort of tickets are you using in Paris zones 1-2 ?

The RER is cheap, have a look at travel in London and you'll see what I mean ..lol

Ok well the 9 year old pays half price on tickets so for Paris you can get a half price carnet for them at 6.65¬

For DLP you'd be best getting point to point tickets (Origine Destination)

Anywhere in Paris to DLP or DLP to anywhere in Paris is 7.30¬ full fare and 3.65¬ half fare

As you are going to be needing 8 tickets for the 4 adults per day buy a carnet at 58,40¬ saving you 20% (or 2 tickets)

So 1 carnet and then 8 single tickets is 116.80¬ plus 14.60¬ for the 9 year olds 4 half price tickets makes it 131.40¬.

That's going to be the cheapest going when you are going :)

- Don't forget also that with that Origine Destination ticket you are covered from when you enter your first metro station to when you exit at DLP and vice versa so no need to use a ticket from your regular Paris carnet that day :thumbsup2

Hi Carrie please can you explain the Carnet? Is it a book of tickets? Can it be used by anyone in the party? Thank you :)

Hi Carrie please can you explain the Carnet? Is it a book of tickets? Can it be used by anyone in the party? Thank you :)

A carnet is a pack of 10 single loose tickets that can be used by anyone in your group. They never run out either so even if you have any spare you can use them several years later or give them to other people coming to Paris. You save 20% by buying a carnet rather than buying the tickets individually.:)

Ah ignore me, just read your post again and they're not for getting to DLP...sorry!

You can, that's the carnet Origine Destinations ones. Where are you coming from on public transport ? They exist for across all 5 zones on the transport system

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking a question on your post...... If we are travelling from Val D'Europe to DLP on the train, do the children get cheaper? They are age 8,8,4 and 1.
Thanks
Fiona
x

fionaim said:
Hi I hope you don't mind me asking a question on your post...... If we are travelling from Val D'Europe to DLP on the train, do the children get cheaper? They are age 8,8,4 and 1.
Thanks
Fiona
x

Travelling from Val d'europe is very cheap.as.it is.just one stop away. I think kids under 3 or 4 go for free and others have a discounted ticket.
As for travelling from paris to.disney i always advised.people to buy a mobilis ticket. If youre staying.like a.week in paris you can have a week pass for the paris zone and.then.pay the extra for the zones.needed to go to dlp.

Thanks
Fiona
x

The 1 year old is free and the 4 and 8 years old pay half price.

It's 1.80€ per single ticket for age 10 and up and 90cts for 4-9 years

If you buy a carnet it's 14.40€ for adults and 7.20€ half fare ;)

As for travelling from paris to.disney i always advised.people to buy a mobilis ticket. If youre staying.like a.week in paris you can have a week pass for the paris zone and.then.pay the extra for the zones.needed to go to dlp.

A Mobilis is 15.65€ for the day so it's cheaper buying a carnet plus 8 tickets as there are 8 of them using it.

With 8 Mobilis @ 15.65€ = 125.20 + 2 day Paris Visite for the 9 year old @ 16.85€ it's 142.05€ so dearer :thumbsup2

Even with a Navigo Découverte they would need to add on the tickets from Paris to DLP and it wouldn't work out cheaper I don't think unless they have them already as there's the 5€ setting up charge on top of the weeks cost :confused3

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP :)

Carrie - we're going on Eurostar to Paris so have to get from there to Val d'Europe as we're staying at the Elysee. Then we'll probably use the train to get to and from the park as well. There are 5 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 2, staying for 3 nights/4 days. Which tickets would you recommend? Thank you :goodvibes

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP :)

Carrie - we're going on Eurostar to Paris so have to get from there to Val d'Europe as we're staying at the Elysee. Then we'll probably use the train to get to and from the park as well. There are 5 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 2, staying for 3 nights/4 days. Which tickets would you recommend? Thank you :goodvibes

Easy bit first - The 2 year old is free :rotfl:

After that you are needing 10 tickets for the adults from GdN to Val d'Europe and vice versa so that's a carnet at 52.40€ (as each ticket bought apart is 6.55€)

The 5 year old will need 2 tickets at 3.25€ each.

Then again from VdE to the park it's the same price as above for Fiona

It's 1.80€ per single ticket for age 10 and up and 90cts for 4-9 years

If you buy a carnet it's 14.40€ for adults and 7.20€ half fare

hth :goodvibes

Thank you, Carrie Cat!

Ok well the 9 year old pays half price on tickets so for Paris you can get a half price carnet for them at 6.65¬

Anywhere in Paris to DLP or DLP to anywhere in Paris is 7.30¬ full fare and 3.65¬ half fare

As you are going to be needing 8 tickets for the 4 adults per day buy a carnet at 58,40¬ saving you 20% (or 2 tickets)

So 1 carnet and then 8 single tickets is 116.80¬ plus 14.60¬ for the 9 year olds 4 half price tickets makes it 131.40¬.

- Don't forget also that with that Origine Destination ticket you are covered from when you enter your first metro station to when you exit at DLP and vice versa so no need to use a ticket from your regular Paris carnet that day :thumbsup2

Just thought of another question regarding this-- can I just buy two zone 5 carnets (20 tickets), and the 9 year old uses one of the adult tickets? That's 116,8 euros, correct? Thanks again.

Just thought of another question regarding this-- can I just buy two zone 5 carnets (20 tickets), and the 9 year old uses one of the adult tickets? That's 116,8 euros, correct? Thanks again.

I don't see why not tbh - I can't see them fining you for having the incorrect ticket when in theory it's more expensive for a child to have an adult ticket even if with using the carnet it's not the case :confused3

If your son looks over 10 and as you are tourists all with tickets I don't think they would notice

And yes that would be 116.80€ so it's shaved down a bit further from your 160€ starting figure :goodvibes

Yeah, he's a tall one, so maybe he'll pass. :cool1: Thanks for your help!

I don't see why not tbh - I can't see them fining you for having the incorrect ticket when in theory it's more expensive for a child to have an adult ticket even if with using the carnet it's not the case :confused3

If your son looks over 10 and as you are tourists all with tickets I don't think they would notice

And yes that would be 116.80€ so it's shaved down a bit further from your 160€ starting figure :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter