• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Requests for VWL?

Eeyore2U

I'm the one you talk about. I rain on parades and
We'll be making ressies at VWL, our second home, for the first time shortly. Any thing we should request? We always go nonsmoking and close to elevators at BWV. Is being close to the elevators important at VWL? Any special views?

TIA

We stayed 1st time last Sept. 1 night before cruise and 3 nights after and had 2 different rooms. They were both on the pool side but a ways down. You could say they were a woods view. The first room was the 3rd floor and the 2nd was the 1st floor. They were both nice rooms and the 2nd was obviously a smoking room, but we aired it out and it was fine. One word of advice is to have low expectations of your views at VWL or any other resort for that matter. Everyone over rates what you should ask for and receive for a view. Unfortunately, someone has to have the less than desireable rooms and if the resort is full, not everyone is going to get "a special view". VLW has only a hand full of "preferred view" rooms and the rest pretty much overlook the woods. It is a beautiful resort though and we have added on twice there since our visit last year. We will be there in May and Dec. this year so the view was not the selling point for us. If there was one single request I would ask for over any other, personally the non-smoking would be tops, any other special requests would be "pixie dust". Happy planning! :)

When we were there last Oct, our studio faced the "front" area - the area that faces where the bus stop is. It was a short walk from the elevator on the 2nd floor, by my standards anyway. One afternoon I was sitting on the balconey while DH took a short snooze and as I looked across the way, there was a doe and a fawn walking around in the woods. Quite a thrill for a city girl! So no matter what the view, there just may be something fun to see. BTW we also had a smoking room, but it was not obvious. We also had a handicapped accessible room and it is configured differently. It that is of concern to you, request a non-handicapped room.
Enjoy!

What do the VWL preferred view rooms look out over? The lagoon? Are there studios that are preferred view, or only larger units?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dodie
What do the VWL preferred view rooms look out over? The lagoon? Are there studios that are preferred view, or only larger units?

Thanks.
VWL has only one room classification....they do not use the terms "preferred" and "standard" like the BWV. So they have only one point structure as well.

However, some feel that the rooms overlooking the pool (and a glimpse of Bay Lake through the trees) is the best view since almost all of the other views are of the woods. These would be on the "back side" of VWL (facing Bay Lake) and closest to WL resort. I would think that there would be studios there since the 2BR accommodations are mostly a 1BR combined with a studio.

From what I understand, you basically can request up to two things...more than that is probably wishful thinking. Non-smoking for us is a must. We also prefer not to be on the ground floor so we get a balcony instead of a patio.

Some also prefer to avoid the handicap access rooms since they are configured a little differently.

And the walk to the elevators can be a bit of a hike if you are in the far reaches of the villas (though nothing like the BWV!).

Good luck and have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter