Requesting Servers? Fav MAGIC Server?

CastawayJP

DIS Veteran
I'm sure that there have been several threads on this already, but I have had no luck w/ the search function. I have two questions...

1) Is it possible to request a specific server in the dining rooms, and if the answer is yes how do you do it?

2) If the answer is yes to the question above... My family will be sailing on the Magic for the first time in March. Any recommendations on servers for the late seating?

Thanks for the help!

No two ways about it, I'd request Orlan and David, under Chetan... they were simply amazing!!!
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Ronald Corpuz, nobody is better! We have requested him again for the PC.

We like Ronald too.
When we asked for a specific server on the Wonder this past summer we had to go to Dining Changes after we boarded the ship to change our server.
Is there an easier way?
When we faxed a request to DCL it was not done when we boared.

In October, Girish and Anastacia were fantastic! They were especially helpful with my elderly father.

We had Alexander and Erwin.

They were both wonderful, but Alexander made us feel like we were leaving a dear old friend behind...now thats service...:thumbsup2 . Ours boys still bring him up in conversation...;)

I have to put a vote in for Octavian and Greg. Octavian was from Romania and Greg was from Barbados. Ocatavian was the lead server and Greg took care of drinks, etc... We had a DS 12 and a DD 8. They played games with the kids, made hats for them, made oragomi things, etc... I really dont know how you could get any better than these two. I will add a few pics in a bit.

And yes...we asked the head waiter, the one that comes around and checks on you once or twice, if you can request waiters. He indicated that yes you can request certain waiters but it wont always be possible.

edited...add pics....

Picture388.jpg

Picture293.jpg

Picture288.jpg

My DD 8 says that I have to add this picture of Octavian. This was the first night we were on the cruise so we hadnt really got to know our waiters yet. We asked Octavian to take a group picture of the whole table. He picked the camera up, turned it around and took a picture of himself.

Picture387.jpg

We had Octivian as well!! When we had him this spring Ranzil (sp?) was his assistant. My girls (ages 5 & 3) still talk about them by name 7 months later. My 3 year old just learned to snap her fingers, and she told me that she will have to show "Mr. Octavian and Mr. Ranzil" when we go on the ship again, LOL!! They really were great!!

Main dining room servers on our last cruise in September were Sam (Sampong) and Dennis. They were wonderful. Our Palo server, Fabio, was awesome, too! Anyone know if he is still at Palo on the Magic?

We have had Raman as well (on our first cruise),and really enjoy him. Although he was not our server in the Med, he helped us a lot with directions in Europe. In fact, we travelled with him and his wife to Rome.
Chetan is an incredible head waiter - he actually earns his tips - we have had him the last two cruises.:thumbsup2

We love Chetan!!! He was our server on our first cruise. On all our cruises since he's been our head waiter, we've been so lucky.

I vote for Leo and Bomin. We had them this past November and they were both awesome!

When we cruise again next october, we'll be requesting them.

Fabio was still in Palo on the Magic in mid October. We had him in the private dining room and he was fantastic! :thumbsup2

Fabio was still in Palo on the Magic in mid October. We had him in the private dining room and he was fantastic! :thumbsup2

I hope he sticks around for a while. I probably won't get back until next fall or the following year:scared1: :eek: :sad: I would love for Fabio to be our server again! On my trip in September, he was our Palo server at dinner early in the cruise, of course, but he had to come fill a spot in the main dining room rotation, so we got to see him a few more times and he stopped by and said hello and chatted. Then near the end of the cruise we also went to brunch at Palo and he stopped by again to say hi and ask us how we were enjoying our cruise. Such a sweetie! I even asked him at dinner if he would mind if I took his picture. He was kind of surprised and seemed very pleased to oblige! He made the cruise memorable, such great service and a great personality...and easy on the eyes, too!

10-30-2007-097.jpg

Here are the BEST of the best! Katerina (Czech Republic...I think) and Sebastian (France). Two of the most amazing CM's on the Magic!!:love:

Yes, you can request waiters ... you can 'try' to request them ahead of time, but you will need to double check that you got your waiter of choice once you get onboard. Just go to the 'dining requests' (usually Rockin bar D) area as soon as you board.

Ask for Sanjeev or Alonzo .... We had them as a Team on our first cruise (2005), Sanjeev was the Waiter and Alonzo was the Assistant Waiter, what a GREAT Team. Second Cruise (2006) we requested the same team, unfortunately Sanjeev was not onboard but Alonzo was working with someone else (forgot his name, but he was great as well). Third cruise (2007), we requested Alonzo again, this time he had been promoted to "Waiter" .... Sanjeev was back onboard as well, but they were not working together since they are both Waiters now, Sanjeev did came to our table to visit us every evening though. It really is amazing that these waiters will remember you and will treat you like old friends.

Here is a pic of Sanjeev (left) and Alonzo (right) on our Sept 2007 cruise.

362084282208_0_ALB.jpg

Alonzo on the left and Sanjeev on the right on a different night.

401614282208_0_ALB.jpg

Will a GREAT Waiter make for a GREAT cruise? Do you think these waiters are really sincere? and really do love their job and love creating lasting memories? um, I think this picture pretty much sums it up ... this is Alonzo on the last night, also from our Sept 07 Cruise.

549404282208_0_ALB.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter