Requesting room at Poly?

macgarson

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to request a 1st floor room with patio at the Poly? Are requests usually honored? Any negative results when requesting a specific type of room (ie ending up in a worse room than if you hadn't requested a specific type of room)?

That is actually one of the options given when you make your requests during online check-in. It should be fine.

Is it possible to request a 1st floor room with patio at the Poly? Are requests usually honored? Any negative results when requesting a specific type of room (ie ending up in a worse room than if you hadn't requested a specific type of room)?

Yes, you can definitely request first floor patio :). Keep in mind that it's just a request, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you. For our Poly stay, I requested Samoa, first floor, facing volcano pool (in that order). The first 2 requests were met, with the 3rd being met if we wanted to change rooms the next day. We didn't check in until around 1:00 a.m., so we decided to stay put as I didn't want to go through the hassle of moving the next day (especially after getting in so late). Plus we had a pretty view of the quiet pool, so all was good. But I did appreciate the CM offering to move us to fulfill our last request :goodvibes.

We requested 1st floor Tokelau last time we stayed at the Poly. We got exactly that. I know it's not a guarantee, but we did have our request granted. We've requested the same thing for our upcoming August trip, so we hope to get it again!

We haven't stayed at the Poly for years and part of the reason we haven't returned was the customer service surrounding our room request. We had requested one building near the pool and arrived late because our flight was delayed and then our car service never showed up. We arrived at the Poly several hours later than anticipated and pretty exhausted. I asked if our room request was fulfilled and the CM said snarkily, "Well, You are very late, so we gave the room away." A simple, "No, ma'am we weren't able to do that," would have been fine. Instead, she seemed like she wanted to assign blame. Then, she sized up DS and said, "isn't he supposed to be in school?" (He wasn't. It was still summer vacation.) If I want someone to place blame and act suspicious, there are plenty of family members and co-workers I can choose from without going all the way to WDW. But, in answer to your question, the room we received was comparable to what we requested, but farther from the pool, so I don't think there's any negative to requesting a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter