request renovated room at Poly or larger room?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by clareita, Mar 19, 2013.

1. clareita

clareita Mouseketeer

A few of the longhouses at Poly with smaller rooms will be done for our April trip, but none of the ones with larger rooms. Since we are a family of 5, I was planning on requesting a larger room, but now I'm not sure if it would be better to have a renovated, but smaller, room. Anyone have an opinion on what I should request?

2. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

Unless you are talking about getting a suite there is not that big of difference. I think it is something like a extra 60 sq-ft between the longhouse. From Tikiman is say 415 sq-ft and the other have 476 sq-ft. I would go with a new room if I was you.

3. greengeen

greengeen Mouseketeer

The difference in room size is so slight I wouldn't even consider it. They all sleep 5. I would ask (and hope) for a renovated room. But it's not guaranteed anyway, a request is only a request.

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Just for comparison: if the rooms were perfectly square, the "smaller" rooms would be about 20.37' x 20.37' while the "larger" rooms would be about 21.82' x 21.82'.

5. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

Agree with the previous posters--There is very little difference in the room size in some of the longhouses. I would definitely request a renovated room!