Request for dinner table?

dizzi

DIS Veteran
How would i go about requesting A certain size table for dinner.

I would liek to NOT sit at a 4 top for dinner i would like to sit at a larger table with another family

So how do i go about requesting this.

I know its weird other people would rather not sit with people they do not know but i perfer to engage in conversation with others who might have different opinions than me or have done different things during the day so that we can share experiences.

:confused3:confused3

Thanks

I think that you would automatically be put at a table with a family that has kids in a similar age bracket. Happened to us twice. The families turned out to be fun to talk to.

We were 4 on our last cruise and we were put by ourselves. I was actually disappointed. I had looked forward to meeting some other people. Maybe it was becasue we had the late seating and our kids were 5 and 7?:confused3 So I can see why you'd want to make that request.

I just called DCL and requested to be sat at the larger the table the better! I don't know what we were originally scheduled for.

Good Luck and have fun meeting new friends!

Marianne:flower3:

That's great. We went on our last cruise with just dh, ds and myself. We sat with a Mom and her ds and they lived only a few towns away from us.

Not sure how it works on Disney, but on Carnival and RCCL, you can go see the maitre'd before dinner on embarkation day and they will show you where your table is and how many are seated there, and if you're not happy they will try to change it for you. Good luck! When we first started cruising, I was a bit leery of the idea of dining with strangers every night, but I found that I actually really enjoyed it and now we always ask for big tables.

DisneyingNewfie - I think it's unlikely they would seat 3 people alone (since it's an odd number), so you'll most likely be paired with another family.

You can make any dining request you wish by calling DCL and having the request noted on your reservation. After boarding you can go to the site listed as "Dining Changes" on the Welcome Aboard Navigator (usually in Rockin Bar D), and see whether you got your request and restate it if you didn't.

Tables are for 4,6, and 8 with one large table in each dining room. The smaller tables can be placed together for large parties. A group of 3 could be seated at any of these table sizes--at a 4 top alone or at a 6 or 8 with other guests.

There are normally 2 of us cruising. We've seen everything from 2 alone to a group of 18! (we were asked if it was OK before they did that one). DCL does normally try to match the age/sex of the kids if they put you with another family. If you are not happy with your situation after the first night's dinner, talk to the head server. They will move you before the second night.

We at with dissers our first cruise there were 10 of us

Our second cruise we were alone i hated it by the 3rd night Dh and i have nothing to talk about we sat in silence the next4 nights.

Never again

You could alway find a family on the meet thread and link reservations with them. We did this on our RCCL and have great friends we're still in touch with. Our initial thoughts were for her twin girls and our son to make friends for the kids club. :grouphug: Or just call your TA or DCL and tell them you want a large table. :confused3

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was a possibility of sitting alone. Would a group of 3 ever sit alone?

Yes - we were 3 and were seated that way...with no request actually. :goodvibes

A funny note...one time we requested a small table and were placed at a table for 12. So, bottom line, ya never know! But also, as was mentioned, you can change this on board. We just go look at our table shortly after we board. Never had a problem. :cool1:

Not sure how it works on Disney, but on Carnival and RCCL, you can go see the maitre'd before dinner on embarkation day and they will show you where your table is and how many are seated there, and if you're not happy they will try to change it for you. Good luck! When we first started cruising, I was a bit leery of the idea of dining with strangers every night, but I found that I actually really enjoyed it and now we always ask for big tables.

DisneyingNewfie - I think it's unlikely they would seat 3 people alone (since it's an odd number), so you'll most likely be paired with another family.
We ALWAYS go to Parrot Cay when boarding to check out our table placement. Then if we are not in the same station as our traveling family we politely approach the head server.

The first time we cruised, we were seated with another family from Mass...we really liked them. Their kids were a bit younger than my dd, but that was fine. We had dinner with them that first night, then never saw them again!! We got to talking about the dress code. Seems that their travel agent never told them about 'dress up' night. The other dad asked what we were wearing...my dh told him he was wearing a blue blazer and grey slacks with a white dress shirt and tie. I was wearing a plain black sun dress. Well..seems that they had not brought any dressy clothing..only tee shirts and shorts. We told them that they wouldn't be thrown out of the restuarant. But, they never showed up at dinner again. So there we sat, the three of us, all alone at tables for 8!! We felt like lepers!! We sat and watched the other tables enjoying each others company. We rode the banana boat with a terrific family....and we got to sit and listen to the fun they had at their table that night. Too bad there was no room for the three of us at their table.
Here's hoping things will work out better next April when we cruise as a family once more.

My husband and I will be cruising just the two of us for the first time, we usually cruise with a group any where from six to twenty people. We were also wondering if we should request a table with other couples. On our last two cruises our servers had tables of single couples sitting by themselves, we asked them if they had requested that and they said they hadn't, they could have easily been paired together to make one table for four. You just don't know what the formula is at times. Since we are not traveling with kids I would hope that we would not be put with a family that has small children.

We find that linking our ressies up with fellow cruisers on the DIS boards has eliminated the problem of being seated by ourselves or with people who don't show up or are unfriendly. The only time all of us did not go to dinner is one cruise we had the Walt Suite and didn't eat much in the dining room.

I went the first night to explain our situation to our servers who were very grateful to know our plans and of course, we tipped them the normal amounts.

I would make sure that your TA knows your feelings about dining and if you are not using a TA, I would contact DCL directly,

Just my thoughts...
:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter