Reprimand system

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSchool2012

DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!
Can someone explain to me how the reprimand system works? My family is coming down in April and I wanted to try and take off a couple of days to be with them, but I've been reading that if I call out of work I get docked points. Is that true even if I'm granted the days from the Hub? I don't want to miss seeing my family, but I also don't want to be reprimanded just for taking off a day of work.

Also, what are some other ways that could lead to losing points? I saw that if I'm late to work or don't show up, I'll lose points which I understand, but some say if I get sick and have to call out I also lose points.

Can someone explain to me how the reprimand system works? My family is coming down in April and I wanted to try and take off a couple of days to be with them, but I've been reading that if I call out of work I get docked points. Is that true even if I'm granted the days from the Hub? I don't want to miss seeing my family, but I also don't want to be reprimanded just for taking off a day of work.

Also, what are some other ways that could lead to losing points? I saw that if I'm late to work or don't show up, I'll lose points which I understand, but some say if I get sick and have to call out I also lose points.

The reprimand system is in three parts: attendance, behavior and the third one is escaping me at the moment. Anyway, attendance wise, you get a half point for showing up to two hours late, a full point for showing up more than 2 hrs late or if you call in, either as a personal or a sick day. (I should note here that you should NEVER, EVER go to a park or DTD when you call in. Your Cast ID is your park ticket, and Disney can and will term people for this. If you do need a personal day, I suggest laying low by staying at your complex or run off-property errands.) Anyway, if you acculumlate a certain amount of points during a time frame (3 in 30 days for example), you get a reprimand which is basically you signing a paper acknowledging that fact. 3 reprimands and that's termination.

As for your family visiting, there are ways to do this without spending points, either by giving or trading shifts (last resort) or by asking for it off. Doing either of these costs nothing. Just as long as Disney has someone (CMwise) covering your shift.

My daughter did Spring Adv. this past year and she didn't have any issue requesting time off when we came to visit. We also just returned from a long weekend trip and her friends that were still in their program requested in advance for time off while she was there and went to the parks with us. Just plan in advance and you should be able to request the time off and avoid any reprimands.

The reprimand system is in three parts: attendance, behavior and the third one is escaping me at the moment. Anyway, attendance wise, you get a half point for showing up to two hours late, a full point for showing up more than 2 hrs late or if you call in, either as a personal or a sick day. (I should note here that you should NEVER, EVER go to a park or DTD when you call in. Your Cast ID is your park ticket, and Disney can and will term people for this. If you do need a personal day, I suggest laying low by staying at your complex or run off-property errands.) Anyway, if you acculumlate a certain amount of points during a time frame (3 in 30 days for example), you get a reprimand which is basically you signing a paper acknowledging that fact. 3 reprimands and that's termination.

As for your family visiting, there are ways to do this without spending points, either by giving or trading shifts (last resort) or by asking for it off. Doing either of these costs nothing. Just as long as Disney has someone (CMwise) covering your shift.

So basically you get points taken away if you don't give them advanced notice on when you won't be in work? As long as I get it cleared I don't lose any points?

Also, when my family comes I'll be able to go into the parks if I get the time off, right? It's only if I call in saying I can't come in that I can't get into the parks?

So basically you get points taken away if you don't give them advanced notice on when you won't be in work? As long as I get it cleared I don't lose any points?

Also, when my family comes I'll be able to go into the parks if I get the time off, right? It's only if I call in saying I can't come in that I can't get into the parks?

Yes, that is basically correct, but you still get points even if you give advance notice. Like even if you call and say, I'm going to be late... you still get the point. You can also get points for other things depending on your role (Like a safety violation if you are attractions)

So if you request the 4 days off that your family comes and are approved you can go to the parks. Or if you are successfully able to give your shifts away to another CM and it is approved on the HUB. If you call in saying you are sick or whatever and try to get into the parks you can be termed.

Yes, that is basically correct, but you still get points even if you give advance notice. Like even if you call and say, I'm going to be late... you still get the point. You can also get points for other things depending on your role (Like a safety violation if you are attractions)

So if you request the 4 days off that your family comes and are approved you can go to the parks. Or if you are successfully able to give your shifts away to another CM and it is approved on the HUB. If you call in saying you are sick or whatever and try to get into the parks you can be termed.

That sounds reasonable, I was afraid that I would be docked points even if everything was approved on the Hub. Thanks!

One more level to the system - all day off approvals are on a first come first serve basis. FT and PT CMs have already been asking off dates for all of 2013. So high request dates (such as Easter, 4th of July, etc) may already be at their max and any future requests are placed on a waiting list. Depending on how well staffed your area is means that requesting time off may be easy or hard.

I personally had nearly ALL of my time denied while on my CP, but my roommate got everyone of her requests. Every area is different.

The three ways to get points are
1: Time and Attendance. Every time you are late <2 hours it's a half point. >2 are 1 pt and call ins are 1 pt.
2: Job performance. Pretty much don't be rude to guests and listen to your coordinators and leaders
3: Clocking. In my opinion it's nearly impossible to get points this way. Don't take advantage of your breaks and don't forget to clock in/out. Also, don't have anyone clock in/out for you.

3pts in 30 days = reprimand.

As for getting time off, it's fairly simple. Request it off on the hub ASAP. Odds are, as long as it's not a holiday or other busy period, you'll get all or part of it off. Whatever you don't get off just give your shifts away on facebook or in your work location. As a last resort only you should consider calling out. But remember if you call out you lose access to the parks and discounts because if they see your cast ID being used on a day you call in you can be termed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!