Repost: Talk Me OUT of a Resort

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Elwood P. Dowd, Nov 7, 2012.

1. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Cool! We stayed at pop and won't be back until they get new matresses! They were rock hard! And I am absolutely the un-pickiest sleeper/bed person ever. I could sleep on the floor basically hahahaha. As for CBR, never stayed there because we have no interest. Don't like the theming, food court options are eh to us (but that's not a huge factor for us bc we have a car for adr's/food runs), just not into it.

LOVE POR! That and CSR are our two mods we love. As PP have said, LOVE LOVE LOVE CSR. It's gorgeous theming, plush queen and king beds, huge rooms with a great separate changing/bathroom area...Awesome pool, 24 hour fitness center, Spa...We love the location, some might not.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sheilanne

sheilanne Mouseketeer

So funny, we hated CBR! We were in Trinidad South and our room was filthy. It smelled like mold mixed with urine! UGH. We complained and they recleaned it, but the moldy smell never went away. We rented a car but saw tons of people disgusted waiting for busses. It was just a horrible experience. In two weeks we are going back and staying at BLT, I'm so excited!!!!!

4. teheber

teheber CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

heard csr is nice, planning on bcr and wl villa for mardi gras

5. teheber

teheber CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

trying to decide on BLT or WL Villa at least BLT soo close to MK

6. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

We stayed recently at CBR and our room wasn't bad but I was not impress. The resort was ok but we wouldn't got back. We liked POR and will considering for a future vacation.

7. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

I've stayed at all three and wasn't particularly impressed with any of them. I love, love, love POFQ and CSR though. Since POFQ is so much more expensive, I'd probably go with CSR. However, since those two are not in your list, I'd go with Pop, with PORS as second choice.

CBR: stayed there twice and had poor housekeeping and horrible bus service both times. The resort is just too big. If you do stay there, pay for a preferred room or request Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45. Also don't forget CBR does not have elevators. We were also not fans of their food court and I got very ill the one time I ate at Shutters. Pros: it is a pretty resort and centrally located.

PORS: not a fan of their bus service and some of the AB rooms can be a bit distant from the food court. I'd pay for a preferred room if I wanted in the AB section or a Princess room if I wanted in the Mansions, which would raise the price unfortunately. Pros: it's a beautiful resort though and we love their food court and the boat to DTD. No way would I take a chance on a standard room though.

POP: I'm not a fan of the values, full size beds compared to the queens in the moderates, no hot tubs or pool slides, bus stop is usuallly the last coming out of the parks, too loud and over the top theming for me, no ceiling fans or cofee pots, usually see more kids in the values. Pros: other than POFQ, Pop is smaller than the other moderates and has some good choices in the food court

8. bytheblood

bytheblood Guest

I do not care for any of the values. The over-the-top decor really turns me off from them.

Coronado Springs - too spread out & the Pepper Market is horrible (regardless of the number of choices)

9. reiella

reiella DIS Veteran

Only two things come up for me with regards to POR [the only resort we've stayed at ourselves]. The cost difference is significant, and you've already stayed there a few times already.

To be fair wrt noise level, it just depends on your neighbors more than anything.

10. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

Well, I will attempt to talk you out of Pop. I went there with my friend (2 adults) and did not care for it. I blame it on the fact that I had stayed at BC all before that stay, but I prefer the theming of the mod/deluxe resorts to the over-the-top style of the value resorts. It was a walk over ten min to get to the bus stop. I had tried to talk my friend into stay at POR and I couldn't sell her on it because she wanted to save. To me, I much prefer a queen bed, options of different food places at the resort, and personally, a place with a hot tub.

11. pickles

pickles <font color=red>Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someon

rent a villa with points and stay at boardwalk studio. you will enjoy the night activities on the boardwalk. nice walking and watching boats etc. you can rent points very affordably usually.

12. schoonersky

schoonersky Mouseketeer

Hey there! We have stayed at both POR and POP. At POP we paid for a preferred room (only a few dollars more a day) and our location was great in terms of the bus and food court. Also great for the main pool because we were right there, ground floor, by the main pool. With little ones at the time the pool noise was a little annoying as we tried to get them to bed, but if you are planning to be late at the parks that won't matter anyway. I didn't care for the food court, much preferred POR. If I were choosing POR or POP for a family, I would choose POR. For a solo trip- it would depend on my plan. If my plan was to always be at a park and touring, then POP. If I was wanting a bit of quiet time and maybe to soak up some sun around a quiet pool and enjoy the tranquility of the grounds, POR for sure. Ironically I am planning to rent points for DH and I for an adult trip to rent a studio at Boardwalk Villas, I think that would be perfect and will cost the same as POR for my travel time.

13. BayouBelle77

BayouBelle77 Earning My Ears

My last three trips have been solo trips and I have stayed at the Pop Century each time. IMO, the negatives are that it's less atmospheric than some of the moderate and deluxe resorts, and that the rooms are on the small side. However, when I go to Disney, I don't spend any time in the hotel room other than to sleep and get ready in the morning, so it doesn't make sense to spend the extra $ on a moderate or deluxe. Some people have complained about kid noise (especially from the pool area) but I have never had a bad experience with noisy kids at the resort.

The best thing about the Pop has been the reliable bus service. Unlike the All-Stars, which share a bus, the Pop has its own bus and I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus. I have always gotten lucky and been placed in a room close to the front of the hotel, and thus close to the bus stop, so it only took me about 5 minutes to walk from my room to the bus stop. Which is especially nice when you're coming back at night and you're really tired.

14. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

The people who work at POR make your stay pleasant. There are no issues at POR, only solutions.

Pleasant staff, great store, great food court, super-clean everywhere - who could ask for more? POR is the best!

15. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

Hated POP. The beds were terrible- whole family had backaches every morning. We could hear the people in the next room-their conversation!!!! Kids kids and kids and we must of hit it bad because the bus service was the worst we ever had. Paid for perferred room but were so far away I think some of the standard rooms were closer.

16. luvthemouse71

luvthemouse71 Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

If I were the OP, I would go with POR, since they have stayed in the past and liked it. POFQ would be a nice choice, too.

Or do what someone else suggested and try AoA. I'm a deluxe girl at heart but am trying a LM room at AoA for my solo December trip. We were just at WL for 10 days in May- I couldn't fork out more money,lol.