• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Replacement restaurant for Cali Grill?

mavbrimuss

Mouseketeer
We were planning on returning to California Grill in August 2013 for another great dinner. I just saw some updated info that the restaurant renovation will not be completed until after our stay.
We are planning to dine at Jiko, Narcoosee's and Via Napoli during that week. Does anyone have any recommendations for a similar atmosphere or a place I might not have thought of to replace the Cali Grill dinner ?

Love, love, loved our meal at Citricos earlier this year. I also really enjoyed Flying Fish last year although I preferred the atmosphere at Citricos better.

In Order:
bluezoo
Citricos
Flying Fish

But...if you were going to order the very popular filet at California Grill and are looking to sub in a place with good steak, then I would put Shula's on the list.

And...if you were planning to order some of the specialty sushi at CG and are looking to sub in a place with good sushi, then I would put Kimono's on the list.

Another vote for Bluezoo! My husband and I tried Bluezoo in 2011 after hearing some really good feedback and it was amazing. The atmospher was great, the service was top notch and the food was outta this world. We are returning to WDW Sept. 28, 2013 for our next solo trip (no kids) and we are hoping that Cali Grill is back up and going. We have always wanted to try. If still not open we will be back at the Bluezoo for sure. Happy Eating:)

Flying Fish and if it an adult trip I’d recommend the Chef’s wine dinner. It was amazing and our new WDW favorite! It is pricy, but worth every penny if you are a foodie. It replaced the rapidly declining Bistro de Paris as our WDW date night dinner.

Mike, DW, DS (4), DMIL

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter