Replacement for British Invasion

The first performance video at Epcot is on You Tube.
Here is a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2l5nQ-hyw

Thanks, BridgetBordeaux. :)
Okay, at first, I thought no way will I watch 27 minutes of this. I did, and I like them. They definitely are fun and I have to say that the bass player blew me away with Message In A Bottle. Yeah, I'm going to like English Channel. :thumbsup2

I wonder if the same 4 guys will do every show, or if they will rotate like Mulch, Sweat & Shears. Or, if they will be mostly the same, with a sub or 2 like Off Kilter. I guess we will see.

Here's an idea.... just have the band play music and set up karaoke --- and let people in the audience sign up to sing instead. Or have a performer come down into the audience and move around with the mike. The audience can't possibly sing any worse than what I heard in the video.

Oh please no karaoke! I can't imagine anything more headache inducing than that!

I watched the video and thought they were decent. The band played tight and did a good job for what they were playing. I'm not sure what people are expecting, but I think the show energy will vary depending on the energy of the audience.

There was really no slop through the various songs, and the drummer did a great job staying on time, even during "Message in a Bottle". Was I floored ... no. But, they should be a great fit for consistent show performances and will probably be a big hit for later in the day performances as people enjoy the beverages around the WS ... think of them like a decent wedding band.

I will miss the British Invasion, but I have often wondered how a group of musicians handle playing the same gig with the same songs several times a day for years on end. Off Kilter comes to mind as well. We love to watch them, but how they get up for the shows after years of playing daily is beyond me. They do an outstanding job. Be interesting to see what the new group brings to the table. We are looking forward to it. I'm hoping someone posts a video.

My DW's reaction. If Disney is going to hire a garageband why don't they hire one from the UK?

I haven't seen any highlights yet, but my first inclination is to let the group settle in. What they are now is probably not what they are going to be - it's kind of like trial and error. I'm sure Disney will listen to the feedback they get and make changes if needed, but still - it's only been a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter