• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Replacement DDE card costs $25

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
We had to replace our AP's and our DDE card last trip and although it didn't cost anything for the AP they did charge us $25 which I thought was pretty expensive since it is the same paper as the AP's.

The card cost $65 and I'm now wondering if I should have just bought another one that would have lasted another 6 months, instead of replacing one that will expire the end of Nov.

Just something to consider.

That is a good point, that six months makes it tricky math (if you only had a month left, new pass would clearly be better). It all depends on how much more you will go and dine. I guess they charge the high fee to prevent people from getting (and distributing) multiple copies of the same card (since there are not biometric safeguards like the AP). Sorry you lost your card.

Huh? Then the reissue fee really bugs. I knew about it, think they disclose it beforehand, but still it seems a bit excessive.

Someone has to pay for it. There is a cost for the call center rep, printing, etc. Sure, its minimal, but there is a unit cost to the transaction.

Huh? Then the reissue fee really bugs. I knew about it, think they disclose it beforehand, but still it seems a bit excessive.

Yes the rules and guidelines are listed right on the application and on the information on the AP website. We are always checking to make sure we have it before leaving a restraurant.

Someone has to pay for it. There is a cost for the call center rep, printing, etc. Sure, its minimal, but there is a unit cost to the transaction.

We got it replaced at the kiosk in DTD when I had my AP's replaced. Although I'm sure there is a cost to the transaction. All the CM had to do was look it up, check my ID and print it to paper. It took all of 1 and 1/2 minutes but cost $25.

we got our dde card at Guest relations a few weeks ago........the young man said we would be getting another card in the mail.......this is like the one we had a few years ago.......so do we get another card besides this one

WOW! I replaced mine in April, but did not pay anything! Guess I got lucky? I just went to ECPOT and they gave me a new hard, plastic card at the GS window outside the park. I guess I will go and look for the card for next week....

Well, just returned and could not find mine to take (it expired 8/30).

I decided to go ahead and pay the $60 (AP rate) for a new one rather than $25 to replace one (which would be good for only 3 months.)

The new one expires June 30 of 2009. I have another trip planned right after the Fourth of July and will not have the DDP at all on that trip, so I needed the DDE discount for myself and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter