Replace older rides?

I think disney should update everything but keep the spirit of the rides. Little enhancments here and there woudl be great.

I'd have to agree with this statement.

It's a catch-22 really though. WDW is a park for all ages and generations. That means for the older folks, some of these rides/attractions that have been around for quite some time are very nostalgic and still very much entertaining, whereas as to the younger folks, may be less attractive.

Someone mentioned the Star Tours Ride. This is a perfect example of what should be done with older rides. Obviously since this ride opened way back when, George Lucas made 3 more films and a whole slew of new characters and story lines were added. One generation can appreciate the original for what it is (was now), and now the younger generation will get to enjoy the new ventures this ride will take on. I'm sure though, Disney will keep that spirit of the original in tact.

No matter what though, with all the different ages, cultures and whatnot, everyone will have a certain opinion :)

Cheers

My pick would be the Backlot Tour at DHS, it is just a pitiful shell of it's former self. I would be ok with scrapping it and doing something else there.
Other than Backlot Tour and Captain EO at Epcot I can't think of anything else I'd be happy about going away.

I don't necessarily think many things should be replaced. Given tender love and an update, say, new Jungle Cruise animals, heck yes! But not replaced. Even if some things look or seem outdated, millions love them that way, including me. I would be heartbroken if JC, as corny and unrealistic as it can sometimes be, turned into something like "Jack Sparrow's Pirate Cruise." Not that I don't like incorporating new movies/characters, but I don't want to see ALL the rides go that way, you know? I get marketing and syngery and all, but some things are just too sacred. I even bit my lip at little at the inclusion of some characters into IASW & at Johnny Depp's addition to PotC, but both turned out wonderful and didn't take anything away from the original ride (for me).

I definitely understand tweaking and updating rides for newer generations and such, but I just hope it doesn't ALL go that way. I don't think I could ever really embrace a park that's 100% Cars, Stitch, etc. As much as I love the newer films and all, I would be heartbroken to see all my old loves replaced. I think it's very clear that many of the attractions that have been there for decades are still well-loved and keep bringing people back for more.

Sorry for such a long post...I am passionate about my favorite old(er) attractions! :flower3:

Since no one else has mentioned it I may be the only one to feel this way. I don't like the Pooh ride. My kids get bored with it. It was just another ride with cardboard pictures. I wish they would have made it like the characters in splash mountain.

I used to think it was okay but the Pooh ride in Japan is amazing, I am now forever spoiled and I think they should re-do the WDW one like that, it has no track and all kinds of special effects (but the general feel is the same, you are still traveling through Pooh's world).

And I LOVE the jungle cruise. I know it is silly but it always has me:rotfl2:

jungle cruise... make it like a princess and the frog bayou sing a long ride or something :laughing:

swiss family robinson... no one knows what it is anymore

stitch...... ugh, horrible ride... but save skippy!

captain eo (don't bring back HISTK either)

ellen's

drew carey's

tomorrowland speedway... leave it, just make the cars... from cars, lol.

I think Ellen's Energy Adventure needs to be updated and renamed Tim's (Allen) Energy Adventure. Somebody who's actually funny needs to be in there. They can even find some other comic but I think they've used Ellen for far too long. They can get rid of Sounds Dangerous while they're at it.

Since no one else has mentioned it I may be the only one to feel this way. I don't like the Pooh ride. My kids get bored with it. It was just another ride with cardboard pictures. I wish they would have made it like the characters in splash mountain.

I could not agree more when it comes to it being just another ride with cardboard pictures! I love Pooh, so even as an adult I must ride it every trip, but I wish they would give the inside a face lift with less cutouts and more animatronics....

I've mentioned this before, but I'd love to see the Riverboat get a slight Princess and the Frog theme...I would just love to see a part of that movie somewhere else besides just a meet and greet- but I believe I am one of the few with that opinion

swiss family robinson... no one knows what it is anymore

tomorrowland speedway... leave it, just make the cars... from cars, lol.

Swiss Family Robinson? That's the Line Ride! duh!! See, Disney Realized that people enjoyed standing in line so much, that they created a ride that allowed you to enjoy that Line experience!

The ORIGINAL NEXT GEN QUE!

:rotfl:

As for the Tomorrowland Speedway, I'm with most people in believing that it is a bit on the dull/boring side and not much "special".... but I also remember how much I looked forward to it as a kid. How cool it was to be able to drive. So I'm all for keeping it so that kids today can enjoy the excitement I remember having in getting to drive a "racecar", and even to race their friends around the track. Refreshing the overlay might be
worth it though.

Jungle cruise, Country Bear Jamboree, Peter Pan. Definatley update them. Bring back the backlot tour in HS to its original state. I find it boring now. Stitch is just okay, but bring up the standard a little. Get ride of Drew and Bring Back FIGMENT. Whose with me on this one.

I can't think of anything that I'd want scrapped, although there are several things that I'd like to see updated.

One thing that no one mentioned is the video at the beginning of Test Track. It's definitely outdated.

Carousel of Progress... omg, that is a waste of space.

DD loves Stitch - I think it appeals to a certain age group that fits well in the MK.

Personally, I think just about everything at Innoventions is boring and too commercialized. Would love to see something better in those spaces.

I could not agree more when it comes to it being just another ride with cardboard pictures! I love Pooh, so even as an adult I must ride it every trip, but I wish they would give the inside a face lift with less cutouts and more animatronics....

I've mentioned this before, but I'd love to see the Riverboat get a slight Princess and the Frog theme...I would just love to see a part of that movie somewhere else besides just a meet and greet- but I believe I am one of the few with that opinion

I would a love a princess n the frog riverboat/band/restaurant...

Call me sentimental, but I don't think the classics should be scrapped. Updated, maybe. But scrapped, no. Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Peter Pan are all classics and should never be completely scrapped. Ever.

EXACTLY!!

These are my memories from childhood. These are the memories I'm making with my daughter now. Where has sentimentality gone?

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is in bad need of update. I wish they would redo it and make it more like Toy Story Mania, not exactly like but more on that line. If nothing else they need to do a refurb, Buzz is looking rough. The ride vehicles are in bad need of some paint and have been for several years. It always shocks me how bad the cars look. Very un-Disney.

I also wish they would do something with the Indy Speedway. Maybe something similar to Test Track, but less intense so the kiddies could ride it, with a Cars theme.

I would a love a princess n the frog riverboat/band/restaurant...

Hmmmm.... Wonder if we could get them to reopen Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island if they theme'd it for Princess and the Frog?

Priority 1: Jungle Cruise and Speedway. Neither has any redemming qualities and they both have something in common - HUGE footprints. Take a wrecking ball to these dinosaurs and put something innovative there instead. Space comes at such a premium in the MK and these rides suck. Were they ever any good? Put two new premo attractions in here instead. Sheesh you could almost make another land with the size of these.

Priority 2: Ellen Ride. The tech was cool for the 80's but time to move on. Ellen added a little new life in the 90's but its time for a complete re imagining like they did with Test Track (and please dont mission spaceify it)

Priority 3: Country Bears, Tiki Room - cute and all but come on now. Crazy dated. Does anyone leave these with a smile anymore?

Call me sentimental, but I don't think the classics should be scrapped. Updated, maybe. But scrapped, no. Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Peter Pan are all classics and should never be completely scrapped. Ever.

EXACTLY!!

These are my memories from childhood. These are the memories I'm making with my daughter now. Where has sentimentality gone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter