Renting the tubes at the Beach/Yacht Club

GaRedHead

Earning My Ears
For all of you Beach/Yacht Club vets, do you rent the round tubes for SAB? And if so, in which part of SAB do you really need/use them? We will be a party of me, hubby, 17-year-old and a 8-year old. Trying to budget for little things like this. But if we were to rent say 3 of them for 3 of the 6 days we will be there that will be $90.00. Yikes!:crazy2:

For all of you Beach/Yacht Club vets, do you rent the round tubes for SAB? And if so, in which part of SAB do you really need/use them? We will be a party of me, hubby, 17-year-old and a 8-year old. Trying to budget for little things like this. But if we were to rent say 3 of them for 3 of the 6 days we will be there that will be $90.00. Yikes!:crazy2:

I have not been to SAB yet so take this for what it's worth. I've read the "lazy river" part of SAB is very short and I'm thinking that an hour or two in the tubes will probably be enough.

I thought we would want them, but never got around to renting them... there was just too much else to do! I don't recall seeing tubes, only noodles. And, as far as I remember, only in the "Lazy river" section in the middle.

They are only really used in the teeny lazy river section of the pool .The section is small with a swift current and 8ft deep.Not worth the rental

We have never felt the need to rent them either. The lazy river portion is tiny and moves swiftly. My kids prefer the slide and the area with the sand bottom/volley ball net.

I've never rented them, but have wished that I had. As everyone else said, you would use them in the lazy river. I don't know that you would need them for three days thought. One might be enough.

I rented one twice for our 10 day stay last year. Only for an hour each time and it was just enough for me to chill out and get some sun while floating around the lazy river.

You can also buy a noodle (and it costs less than renting a tube) or at least we were able to last time we were there. The lazy river is very short -- you definitely won't need a tube for hours IMO.

We always buy noodles, and that works out well. We go when it's hot, so I want to be in the cool water, not baking on top of it. The lazy river portion is small, but fine for a noodle.

I like floating around all of SAB on my noodle. Not just the lazy river.

I have never rented a tube, but you will often find them discarded later in the day. We've had people give us theirs as they were leaving the pool area. I would just bring noodles or get them there. At one time, there was a noodle exchange thing going on over at the BC/YC thread. The lazy river area gets really deep in places, so if you have not so strong swimmers, they will need something to hang on to.

Personally, I am one who believes there should be no charge for the lazy river tubes. The tubes should remain in the lazy river, but Disney thinks it is better to charge guest a rental fee for a set of hours or all day. Tubes found around the SAB have been rented. Hourly rentals are returned, but I could see all day rentals just being left out. I think it also illustrates very few people use the tubes all day.

Overall, rent tubes for a few hours. Use noodles the rest of your stay. The better noodles (thicker) can be bought off Disney property for the same prices as Disney or even cheaper.

Personally, I am one who believes there should be no charge for the lazy river tubes. The tubes should remain in the lazy river, but Disney thinks it is better to charge guest a rental fee for a set of hours or all day. Tubes found around the SAB have been rented. Hourly rentals are returned, but I could see all day rentals just being left out. I think it also illustrates very few people use the tubes all day.

Overall, rent tubes for a few hours. Use noodles the rest of your stay. The better noodles (thicker) can be bought off Disney property for the same prices as Disney or even cheaper.

Because I fly into Lauderdale first for a few days and drive up, I get the fat noodles at Lowes. Cheap. After I drive up to wdw, do my grocery shopping and check in, I return the car rental.

But the majority of people don't have the option to get noodles off property. So it's nice to know they can buy them on property.
When we leave, I usually look for a family to pass on our noodles to.

So what is the hourly versus all day rate? Are noodles allowed in other areas? Tubes?

Last I knew, the rate was $3 per hour or $10 for the day.

As far as I know, noodles are allowed in the other areas. Not sure about the tubes.

Just back form BCV. There were a couple of tubes in the lazy river. It seemed like thiey were there everyday. The palce where you used to rent them was closed the entire time we were there. I did not see another place to rent them.
The ones in the pol did not have numbers or anything on them. It seemed as though they were there for anyone to use.

No way are they worth the money for a weeks rental.

The "lazy river" at Stormalong Bay is very deep (8') and has a very swift current. It's one short loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter