• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting strollers in Disney

NikNaknJack

Earning My Ears
I understand you can rent strollers in Disney but where do you get them?
My son is 3 1/2 and hasn't been in a stroller in the longest time but I have a feeling he is gonna need one. We are going in July and I know the heat is going to get to him. I thought of buying a cheap one to bring along but he is over 40 pounds and I'm afraid the cheap ones won't be strong enough to hold him.

from Disney website:

Stroller Rentals

For your convenience, strollers are available for rent. Quantities are limited and subject to availability. The stroller rental fee is $10.00 per day* for a single-passenger stroller and $18.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller**.

For Guests who require a stroller rental for multiple days, we offer a Length of Stay rental ticket where you make a one-time payment transaction for as many days of rental that you will need. Single-passenger strollers are available for $8.00* per day and double-passenger strollers** for $16.00 per day. Upon visiting a Theme Park, simply show your receipt at the stroller rental location and you will be expedited through the queue with little or no wait time.

Magic Kingdom® Park:
Rentals are available at the Stroller Shop just inside the main entrance to the Park. In case you misplace your stroller, stroller replacements (with rental receipt) are available in other areas.

Epcot®:
Rentals are available on the east side of the Entrance Plaza and at the International Gateway. In case you misplace your stroller, stroller replacements (with rental receipt) are available in other areas.

Disney-MGM Studios:
Rentals are available at Oscar's Super Service just inside the Main Entrance. In case you misplace your stroller, stroller replacements (with rental receipt) are available at the In Character Costume Shop.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park:
Rentals are available in limited quantities at Garden Gate Gifts at the Park entrance. In case you misplace your stroller, stroller replacements (with rental receipt) are available in other areas.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park:
Strollers are welcome at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon; however they are not available for rent.

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park:
Strollers are welcome at Disney's Blizzard Beach; however they are not available for rent.

Downtown Disney® area:
Rentals are available at Downtown Disney West Side Guest Relations, at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island near Mouse House, and at Downtown Disney Marketplace Guest Relations.

* A $250 credit card imprint is required for deposit when renting a stroller or wheelchair at Downtown Disney®.
** Double-passenger strollers are not available at Downtown Disney®.

I don't know about your DS, but when we took DS last November we had bought a nice Chicco stroller...well, we used it one day. He kept trying to climb into everyone else's rented strollers!!! :rotfl: So we rented for the remainder of our days.
Rented strollers are convenient as you don't have to worry about getting them on and off the busses, but you do have to carry sleeping children at night. We will be renting a stroller again when we go in September as DS liked them so much better. Go figure!

We travel to Disney about three times a year and our daughters are now 7 and 4. We tried years ago bringing a stroller from home and that is not a good idea. The formula that works for us is this. We purchase cheap fold up strollers for the kids to ride in from the bus to the park. This comes in handy when they are asleep leaving the parks at night. Then we rent the strollers from the parks. You can check in your folding stroller from home at the park stroller pick-up at no charge. The kids get heavy carrying them from the park to the bus.

The Disney strollers are great. We brought our own last time, but ended up leaving it in the car!!! The rented strollers roll and turn sooooo nicely!! The only drawback is that they all look the same, so bring a string or buy a balloon and tie it to the stroller so it is easy to spot, hop in an roll away:rotfl:

We can never rent the double stroller because I guess the togetherness is too much for our kids without fighting. We usually rent two singles, but several times at least one stroller has been stolen (which Disney will replace). It is usually in the afternoon on their way out of the parks when they take them. We actually lock ours together with a combination bicycle chain and no more stolen strollers. With all of that they are still worth it, but I cannot emphasize how much the cheap stroller from home being used between the Disney stroller return and the bus. You will thank me for this tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter