RENTING Questions...couple of quick ?s

Ln42

Mouseketeer
Hi
I am renting a DVC from a co-worker for the first time as I contemplate becoming a DVC owner. I usually plan my trips to the world and have control to prep everything in advance. I have a couple of questions that I need help with.

1. Do I need to add the meal plan to my DVC res in order to make ADRs?

2. When I want to make online ADR's at the 90 day mark do I use my res # and MY phone number or do I need the phone number associated with the DVC membership?

3. Will I be able to do the online checkin and make a request for a certain location or will I need the DVC member to do that?

I am trying to have my ducks in a row so that I don't inconvience the owner with the need to make additional phone calls. Thanks in advance for the help!!! :flower3:

No, you do not need to be on the meal plan to make ADR's

2. When I want to make online ADR's at the 90 day mark do I use my res # and MY phone number or do I need the phone number associated with the DVC membership?
Your co-worker should put the ressie in your name and your phone #. Make sure you get a copy of the confirmation showing that this is the case. You would then use your ressie # and your phone # to make ADR's.
3. Will I be able to do the online checkin and make a request for a certain location or will I need the DVC member to do that?
I have not used online check-in as A DVC member so I'm not sure how that works. Hopefully someone else can answer this one for you.

...3. Will I be able to do the online checkin and make a request for a certain location or will I need the DVC member to do that?
I have not used online check-in as A DVC member so I'm not sure how that works. Hopefully someone else can answer this one for you.

My guess is not, since the member is the only one that can make changes. You can not even call and confirm the reservation, since you are not the owner.

I just did my first online checking, but I had to log in to the DVC Members page to do it.

You don't need to have the DDP to make ADRs. If you do want the DDP, the member will have to add it to the reservation for you at least 48 hours before your arrival, and you'll pay for it at check-in.

You'll use the reservation number and your phone number.

The online check-in is on the member site, so you will not be able to access it. If you want to make requests, the online check-in form is not the best way to do that, as you can only select from a couple of check boxes. Ask the member to call Member Services and add your requests to your reservation. That can be now, there's no need to wait.

Thanks everyone! It helps a lot to understand everything ahead of time and makes the trip so much more magical!

Have a great day and thanks again! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter