Renting Question

KBazzel

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to rent some DVC points. I've read the renting primer and went to the Orange County Comptroller's website to check on the owner but I'm having trouble. I think maybe I'm in the wrong place on the site because I don't see anything that looks to me like a listing for timeshare real estate ownership. I'm probably just making this more difficult than it is but the name I'm looking for isn't coming up. Everything else checks out for me but since this was high on the list I wanted to do it and now I'm concerned. I realize chances are it's operator error. Could someone familiar with the comptroller site point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Kira

I go to this page: http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/login.jsp click on the accept button, then enter my name under BOTH (no commas) something like Smith John, and it pulls up 10 items, our 4 purchase deeds, the mortgage and satisfaction from the initial purchase, and the 4 deeds deeding OKW back to Disney in 2042 because we declined the OKW extension.

Does the person you're renting from own a resort at WDW? If they own at Vero Beach, Hilton Head or Disneyland, they will not show up on this site.

IMO, checking out the Orange County Comptroller's website is unnecessary.

Once you have a DVC confirmation number, you can verify that the reservation was actually made at this web site:

www.MyDisneyReservation.com/DVC

Doesn't mean that the owner can't cancel the reservation after you have sent money, but then neither does knowing that they are listed on the Orange County website as an owner. And as Chuck posted, you won't find them there if they own in California, South Carolina or Vero Beach, FL.

IMO, checking out the Orange County Comptroller's website is unnecessary.

Once you have a DVC confirmation number, you can verify that the reservation was actually made at this web site:

www.MyDisneyReservation.com/DVC

Doesn't mean that the owner can't cancel the reservation after you have sent money, but then neither does knowing that they are listed on the Orange County website as an owner. And as Chuck posted, you won't find them there if they own in California, South Carolina or Vero Beach, FL.

I agree with Carol. Since not all ownerships would necessarily be listed the same way, the comptroller's site can be difficult.

If you were looking for my ownership you would not find any of them. I purchased under my first married name, have since been widowed and then remarried. I have not change my name on the deeds as it is not necessary until I sell (or pass on). In the meantime, my name is correct with DVC directly and that is all I need to do for now.

So if anyone is looking for any of my deeds, you will not find them, lol. :)

I have to agree with Carol, many are not listed by the name of the member.

I don't have many "deal-breaker" rules, but one that I have is only deal with the OWNER of the points. There are just too many unknowns in dealing with someone who does not OWN the points.

You can get that info from the Orange County Comptroller's site, but only if a) the DVC property is at WDW (other locations are NOT in Orange County, FL) b) you know the exact way the DVC ownership is listed, and c) you enter the search info in exactly the way the site requires.

If you have a problem, I'd ask the person renting the points to give you the exact information on how the account is titled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter