Renting Points ?'s

jeeperwy

Mouseketeer
I am contemplating renting points for our next trip which will be right after Memorial Day, 2014. First I'm not sure if this is possible at this late date, but if it is and I book it (probably through David's) how late can I change a name on the reservation? We are taking DS17 and a friend for graduation. I think I know which friend is going, but if I have to change how late can I do it?

My second question, is if we do rent points vs. paying cash will we have the magic bands (etc....) or the regular KTTW cards?

Any other info about renting points (good or bad) would be appreciated. I can save a significant amount of $ by renting points even if Disney comes out with a discount. Anyone know what the discount was this year? I ran some #'s and even with 25%-30% off room only renting is still cheaper but this is a pretty big trip and I'm willing to pay more if I have to in order for it to be special.

Thanks so much!!
Kari

First, it's not too late to book--it just may mean you need to be flexible about resorts/dates. Next, you should be able to change a name on a resort at any time. As for Magic Bands, I don't know what the specific rollout timing is for resorts, but they should be in place by then--I thought I had seen by the end of 2013.

As for renting points, you are going to have an easier time renting through a broker, like David, i.e. it's a lesser risk level than going through an individual (which I have done several times successfully--not to scare anyone off). Just make sure you read all the terms and conditions and understand that you can't cancel your rental and you will pay 100% of the cost upfront.

I am trying to do the same thing for the week of Memorial Day! I've been told that its not too late. I ran the numbers as well, and even with 30% renting points is cheaper. However, I really want to stay in the Epcot area, and if the points thing does not come together, I will try for a triple A or Disney discount.
Some people don't like the idea of no Mousekeeping but I could not care less. We are pretty neat, and if we need more towels Ill just wash some in the laundry.

with the magic bands you will get them - but you have to link somethings together - ask David when you make the reservations - or the DVC boards here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter