• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

renting points & ressies info needed

pixiedustforever

<font color=deeppink>Potty Princess<font color=tea
Hi. We are considering joining the DVC family. Until we're ready,
we'd like to rent points to see how it works for us. Is it a good
idea to give the member our dates up front OR has anyone
heard of purchasing the points and then contacting the owner for ressies as trips are scheduled. Feedback, anyone??

We live about 2 hours from WDW and spontaneous trips are fairly common. Perhaps when we buy we'll need 2 contracts - one for planned trips and one for the spontaneous ones??? He'p me, Rhonda!

Thanks for your comments in advance. We've learned SO much
about DVC on this board! Needing a place to call "home".....

Because...there's NO place like "home"! :earsgirl:

I think you need to work with someone when you have dates in mind. A member isn't a travel agent who has access to availability on demand. Renting points would be worthless. What you are really doing is paying a member for their reservation (although they call it renting points and generally charge per point).

For spur of the moment trips, you may actually have better luck renting directly through Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter