Renting points or a reservation...problem w/ charging to the room?

daisy2000

Mouseketeer
I'm considering renting out my points as I may not be able to use them this year. Has anyone ever had an issue with your "renter" charging things to the room, not paying for the charges and then you, the DVC owner, ending up responsible? ....just one of the things I worry about with this process

You can only charge to the room if you give them a credit card at check in. So there is no way that they can not pay.

There is a long thread somewhere where a member ran into a problem when a renter had an issue with their credit card and the member's DVC account was frozen until it was resolved. Apparently the renter reported the card stolen or lost while they were at WDW so the front desk could not charge the final bill to it.

Without a CC they can't charge to the room but could make phone calls, get towel packs, valet parking or the like that the member could have to pay for. A small risk overall but it's best to be aware up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter