renting points between two credit cards, anyone?

yeheyprincex2

Adventure is out there!!
We are planning a trip to Disney this December and my sister will be joining us. With a total of 4 adults and 3 kid (ages 4,4,5). We want to rent a two bed room villa. Each of us will pay half of the rental fee and I want to each put our potions on our own credit cards so in case they back out we wont be stuck paying the fee in full. Any one pay with this method before?
Or we can each rent a studio but Im afraid when we book they wont have two available.
TIA

We are planning a trip to Disney this December and my sister will be joining us. With a total of 4 adults and 3 kid (ages 4,4,5). We want to rent a two bed room villa. Each of us will pay half of the rental fee and I want to each put our potions on our own credit cards so in case they back out we wont be stuck paying the fee in full. Any one pay with this method before?
Or we can each rent a studio but Im afraid when we book they wont have two available.
TIA
You would have to check with the agency that you're dealing with to see if they will split the payments between two cards. It shouldn't be a problem but every business does things differently, so it's better to go straight to the source. But the bigger question would be what happens if your sister backs out? She won't get her money back because DVC rentals are generally not refundable. Would you end up going anyway with her paying for half of a 2-bedroom unit that she doesn't get to use but you do?

I would get my own accommodations if I had any qualms about fellow travelers backing out. If I were in that kind of situation, I'd be getting my own studio and letting my sister make her own arrangements.

If you are not using a rental company you can just make 2 different PayPal payments to the person you are renting the points from, just let them know in advance. But as stated before point rental reservations are non refundable.

You would have to check with the agency that you're dealing with to see if they will split the payments between two cards. It shouldn't be a problem but every business does things differently, so it's better to go straight to the source. But the bigger question would be what happens if your sister backs out? She won't get her money back because DVC rentals are generally not refundable. Would you end up going anyway with her paying for half of a 2-bedroom unit that she doesn't get to use but you do?

I would get my own accommodations if I had any qualms about fellow travelers backing out. If I were in that kind of situation, I'd be getting my own studio and letting my sister make her own arrangements.
you make a good point if she pays she'll be out the money which ' sure she will not be ok with. I guess I'm nervous with this being our first trip to the world together.
My husband is in favor of each of us getting our own rooms so we will probably have separate rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter