Renting out points question

DisneyinPA

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about renting out some of my DVC points to go on a cruise because its better to rent them out and get the cash vs using your points. I was going to use a site like David's DVC rental. Do you have to pay income taxes on that money you get from renting them out? If so then maybe it wouldn't be worth it. Thanks!

Yes on any income minus any direct expenses, mostly the Maint fees.

I was thinking about renting out some of my DVC points to go on a cruise because its better to rent them out and get the cash vs using your points. I was going to use a site like David's DVC rental. Do you have to pay income taxes on that money you get from renting them out? If so then maybe it wouldn't be worth it. Thanks!
Hello

I sold the amount of points I would have used for a disney cruise and use that money for my points to buy airfare for 4 people and paid for the cruise as well. It is way cheaper to sell your points and then pay cash for a cruise. I haven't paid income tax on the sell of my points. I didn't think about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter