Renting My Points

susan137

DIS Veteran
I am considering renting some of my points for the first time. We'd like to take a trip to NC instead of Disney, so thought our best bet would be to rent some of the points we won't use and select the hotel we want in NC rather than trying to do a trade through RCI.

Anyway, we've never rented our points before. Is the best way to go through a broker like David's? Can anyone offer any advice, tips, experience??

Thanks for the help!
Susan

I am considering renting some of my points for the first time. We'd like to take a trip to NC instead of Disney, so thought our best bet would be to rent some of the points we won't use and select the hotel we want in NC rather than trying to do a trade through RCI.

Anyway, we've never rented our points before. Is the best way to go through a broker like David's? Can anyone offer any advice, tips, experience??

Thanks for the help!
Susan
Unless you want to make this a hobby, I would go through a broker like David's. You might make another buck a point doing it yourself (maybe more if you have a high demand home resort), but for a one-off transaction it is not worth it.

I have rented using the rent/trade board on numerous occasions and have had no difficulty at all!

Go through the broker. They make it too easy not to. Just be responsive to their emails and they will be rented in no time.

I just did this for the first time. Quick and easy using a broker. Im not sure it is appropriate to say who, but it was a very pleasant experience.

I rented my points out once with David's and it was a simple process. I would not hesitate to use them again if I needed to.

Thanks for the help!
Susan

I've rented my points once through a broker, and I'm renting points once via the rent/trade board for a November 2017 reservation. It was super easy and the renter seems really nice.

Through a broker, you'll get $13pp (?). If you rent on your own it could be $14-15pp. Up to you!

We used Davids this year to rent out our GCV points that we weren't using. It was very easy. I had the partial payment within a day of the signed contract and will receive the rest after the trip.

When I have extra points, I use the rent/trade board to rent them out. I started doing this before David's existed, so I am use to it, plus I get the extra dollars in my own pocket. In today's world, and if I only rented points every other year or so, I think I would use David's, just to make life easier and no potential issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter