Renting from Romancing the Mouse - What should we pack?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We just booked thru Romancing the Mouse - the 4 bedroom pool home at Windsor Hills. Anyone who has rented from them (especially if you rented this particular house), what household supplies do you suggest we pack? Anything else you can tell me about their home would be much appreciated. So excited - I've been wanting to rent a pool home for ages and we're finally gonna do it this trip.:yay:

Hello-we rented the one next door last May, and they provide WAY more than the majority of rentals. Tons of fluffy white towels, pool towels, laundry detergent/softener/Shout, coffee filters, etc.

I brought my own coffee, zip locks, chip clips, and a few spices in zip lock bags. Most rental homes have the cleaning service empty the fridge, so if you want things like ketchup, mayo, etc.bring them from home if you drive.

The owners of the homes-Mark and Holly- are the best. I actually cooked a few times while we were there, and noticed that the pots and pans were pretty beat-up. I called Mark about it, and he was over the next day with a brand new set of Wolfgang Puck cookware. Our A/C was acting up, and they were there in a NY minute taking care of it for us. Have a great time. and pack light!!

Hello-we rented the one next door last May, and they provide WAY more than the majority of rentals. Tons of fluffy white towels, pool towels, laundry detergent/softener/Shout, coffee filters, etc.

I brought my own coffee, zip locks, chip clips, and a few spices in zip lock bags. Most rental homes have the cleaning service empty the fridge, so if you want things like ketchup, mayo, etc.bring them from home if you drive.

The owners of the homes-Mark and Holly- are the best. I actually cooked a few times while we were there, and noticed that the pots and pans were pretty beat-up. I called Mark about it, and he was over the next day with a brand new set of Wolfgang Puck cookware. Our A/C was acting up, and they were there in a NY minute taking care of it for us. Have a great time. and pack light!!

Thank you - sounds awesome. We're really looking forward to staying there. Good to know we won't have to bring much with us. You just never know about that stuff. We rented condos a couple of times (thru the same company) and one was really well outfitted with trash bags and laundry detergent and nice furnishings and such. The other not so much - they were even short on towels and hangers and dishes. The bed pillows needed replacing and the bedside lamps were so tiny they were almost useless. As a matter of fact, none of the lamps put out much light cause they all had such low wattage bulbs. We got a really good price on the place but still...

Thanks again for the good info on RTM.:)

ETA: I was reading back over this post and realized that "thru the same company" kind of makes it sound as if the 2 condos we rented were from Romancing the Mouse. Just wanted to clarify that they were not. As far as I know, RTM just rents pool homes.

You're welcome! I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure there were dish tabs there, as well as dish soap and a new scrubbie. I think they were well-stocked w/ trash bags as well. I always bring more, just in case. I was in the house that you are renting---we had to borrow something---and it was really nice!!! Have fun, and enjoy the cookies, muffins, OJ, and strawberries that the owners bring for you!!!!:cloud9:

Hi Crusoe2. I would love to hear how it all goes in Windsor Hill at Romancing the mouse when you finally stay there.

Hi Crusoe2. I would love to hear how it all goes in Windsor Hill at Romancing the mouse when you finally stay there.

Sure, I'll be glad to come back and post a review. I'll try to master the art of posting pictures between now and then too so everyone can see some additional views of the home.:goodvibes

We've stayed with them and hope to again when our next trip gets scheduled. Everything was wonderful. They simply do everything they can to make your experience the best they can. They ask that you call when you arrive in Orlando so they can have warm chocolate chip cookies waiting!

Originally we went with them because of the free included pool heat.

We've stayed with them and hope to again when our next trip gets scheduled. Everything was wonderful. They simply do everything they can to make your experience the best they can. They ask that you call when you arrive in Orlando so they can have warm chocolate chip cookies waiting!

Originally we went with them because of the free included pool heat.

Thanks for the info. Warm chocolate chip cookies, huh? Yum.:cloud9: My kids may never want to stay anywhere else. It's awesome hearing so many good things about these folks and their properties. Sounds like we've made a really good decision. Can't wait.:) And, yeah, I love that they don't charge extra for the pool heat or use of the grill.

We stayed in the 4-bedroom in January. I am not 100% positive but I believe we had to buy garbage bags. I know we had to buy something like that. I think what happens in many instances is the non-food supplies that renters have bought get left behind so it may be luck-of-the-draw as to what is there. I do remember a huge plastic container of laundry detergent so that leads me to believe that the owners supply this for you.

I've adopted a wait-and-see mindset with renting pool homes. I would hate to bring things that might already be there and take up packing space. I remember last year, I packed laundry detergent in ziplock bags and when I got to the place, someone had left theirs behind.

You can always buy some supplies when you get there but I do understand wanting to be prepared so there is less to pick up when you get there.

At any rate, the home was just beautifully decorated and we loved the private pool. The owners were easy to deal with too. I'm sure you will have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter