renting from people out of the country????

mommiepoppins

<font color=red>I miss sitting in a bucket
I found a great house on vrbo ( in my price range:lovestruc ), however the people are from out of the country. How do I make sure that it is all dandy?

You will find that many of the rental homes are owned by people out of the US - a lot from the UK. They will have a local management company whom I'm sure you would be able to contact to make sure all is as it should be.

Just ask as many questions as you need to. Owners are generally only too happy to answer any questions or concerns from potential renters.

We've rented from UK owners a few times and everything went well. You can look up their tax records once you know their names and also contact their management company as Freaky said. I'm sure they have had some worried customers rent their place.
The tax record site for Osceola County is:
http://www.property-appraiser.org/
Just do a property search to see if they really own the home.

I agree there are quite a few owners from out of the country but ask questions and I am sure you will find the owners are great to work with.

We are renting in March a home from an owner in UKand have had a great response from him. Any time I have questions, he gets right back to me with the answers. We are looking forward to our visit to his home. In my mind it works both ways. I am sure he hopes that we are a family who will not trash his home and will treat it with respect. I hope you find a great rental.

It seems like every house we've rented in the Kissimmee area is owned by people from the UK. They have all been wonderful to work with....helpful, courteous, communicative, etc. I don't think you need to fear renting a house from the UK owners at all. I think you will be able to tell after exchanging a few emails if someone is trustworthy and professional. Don't let their nationality scare you away from renting. Everyone I've dealt with has a local management company to deal with your questions and concerns and they've all been great to work with too.

Every year my dad rents a house in Kissimmee for 3 months and every time he has dealt with an owner from the U.K. He has never once had a problem and has found the owners to be extremely helpful and friendly.

I agree with the others. I've been renting for 7 years and have rented from people from the UK and Australia all but one time, no problems at all... except the time difference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter