Renting from Enterprise - time consuming?

Miss Hunnybee

Disney Fanatic
Hey guys! I don't know how, but in my thirtysomething years I have NEVER rented a car. With more children than adults driving up with me on our next trip to Disney, I realized it would be best to rent a minivan as my car just won't cut it. I live about ninety minutes south of Disney and will be picking up the car up at 7:30 am. Problem is, we are usually well on our way by that time. Does anyone have any experience with Enterprise? Am I in for a long discussion and tour of the car? I booked through Hotwire and have my confirmation number. Or, just maybe, is it a very simple, "Here are your keys, see ya on Monday!" kind of thing :lmao:

I've only ever rented from an airport, I imagine going to a rental office would be easier. At Enterprise, you give your license, they copy it, take your credit card, give you the keys and you get the car. At the airport (Not Orlando), I had to hunt down my car. There were about three people in front of me at the counter - one whose reservation couldn't be found :sad2:. One teller was working (It was quite late), and it took about half an hour from the time I walked in until the time I found my car. If you get there first thing in the morning and you're not renting from the airport, it's a simple process.

Thanks for replying! I actually just got a great rate on a Budget rental - thanks to this board!!! Here's hoping it's just as easy at Budget as it may have been for Enterprise!!!

Hey guys! I don't know how, but in my thirtysomething years I have NEVER rented a car. With more children than adults driving up with me on our next trip to Disney, I realized it would be best to rent a minivan as my car just won't cut it. I live about ninety minutes south of Disney and will be picking up the car up at 7:30 am. Problem is, we are usually well on our way by that time. Does anyone have any experience with Enterprise? Am I in for a long discussion and tour of the car? I booked through Hotwire and have my confirmation number. Or, just maybe, is it a very simple, "Here are your keys, see ya on Monday!" kind of thing :lmao:

Enterprise will pick you up at your home. This does NOT apply to airport rentals only off site offices. But, I don't think the pick up thing works if you don't book directly with Enterprise.

I have tried Enterprise at airports and been forced to use them for things like auto accidents. I have found them incredibly slow which is why I no longer use them at airports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter