Renting Aulani points from David's

emilyann415

DIS Veteran
Okay...so I placed an order for a trip next Jan. They told me that they did not have the points available at this point but I could stay in the queue and hopefully they would acquire them down the road. They were very clear with me that this may not happen. So my question is this....is it more likely the points will become available after the 7 month mark? How likely do you think it will be that we will aquire enough points for a week long stay in Jan in a 1 bedroom ocean view room?

TIA....just trying not to worry or settle for something else if I don't need to.

Emily

They can make you a reservation at 7months with any resorts points. We had no problem getting a 1 bedroom island view, January 25, 2014 at the 7 month mark. I think you will be fine. January is a slow month. Enjoy! I can't wait to go back ! It's beautiful.

I enquired at the end of last year about points for October this year. I got the same message you did.

I'm not the most patient person in the world and was regularly tempted to book other options, but I held out and am pleased I did. The points came through a few weeks ago , 3 days before the 7 month mark. I am quietly confident that had that booking not come through, one would have come through 3 days later at the 7 month mark.

My suggestion is to try and stay patient and hope for the best. I think your chances are certainly high enough to stick it out.

I got the same email. My request went through about 6-8 weeks after I put in the request to rent Aulani points. I was able to book well before the 7 month window for June, which was important because June is a high demand month. After that, I rented out enough of my points to cover the cost of my Aulani point rental.

I wanted to book a trip this August for a week to Aulani and wanted to do so at the 11 month mark. I contacted two places that rent out points (as well as searching on Dis) and neither had enough points for even 5 days. So, I waited and booked with my own points at the seven month mark. I had some flexibility in the trip dates, but almost any 8 day stay was available for most views during the first three weeks of August. (I booked the first week of the month then rolled it to the second and finally the third - which was my preferred week). The only view that would have been impossible to book for a week was the Standard view. (I booked a Studio).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter