• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting a villa at Grand Californian

We have 2 trips planned as we will be getting APs for the first time. We're looking for either studio or 1 bedroom. The first trip will be end of Sept/first of Oct. for 9 nights and the second trip will be for either the first or second week of December for 3 nights.

Sorry but I don't understand your last question.

Sorry. I meant I like to see what WDW vets feel is the right time at DLR. We are 8 night WDW people. We chose to stay 6 nights at the VGC (75% of the WDW length). You are a 12-night WDW vet, and choosing to stay 9 nights at the DLR (75% of the WDW length).

In general with DVC rooms, the 2BR fill first, then studios, then the 1B, so yes, you have a better chance of a 1BR.

We were brand new to DVC at the time and had not yet figured that one out. Certainly all the reading I do on these boards has educated me on many things Disney and DVC. So much to absorb!

That isn't the case for GCV. The studios absolutely fill up first, probably because of the higher number of points required. The dedicated 2br units are last to fill up. Even with that, they all fill very quickly.

Thanks for the info! VGC is definitely a higher point stay for us (worth every point though :thumbsup2) but this information is the kind of thing I like to read/learn for the future.

Sorry. I meant I like to see what WDW vets feel is the right time at DLR. We are 8 night WDW people. We chose to stay 6 nights at the VGC (75% of the WDW length). You are a 12-night WDW vet, and choosing to stay 9 nights at the DLR (75% of the WDW length).

Oh, I think I understand.

We're hardly WDW vets (only 5 trips over a 15-year span). Our 9 night stay is unusual for us, our previous DLR trips were typically 4 day/3 night trips.

This time though will be 9 nights for several reasons: we are getting APs for the first time ever so we want to put them to good use; we skipped vacationing for 3 years so we're trying to make up for it (2013 is our Disney year); we want to take our time esp. with our toddler in tow at both parks (so many new changes since our last visit in 2007).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter