Renting a scooter?

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
I know I should know this, but please bear with me. I am going to Disney at the end of October with my two sisters. One of them might need a scooter to get through the parks. Can you rent a scooter at the park entrance or do you have to have one delivered to the hotel? I've been to Disney countless times but never had this need, so never paid attention.

TIA!

I think they're quite expensive at the parks but yes they are available there. Just so you know though, I rented one for my Mom for $20 a day from Walker Mobility and the service and the scooter were both wonderful.
It was waiting for us at the resort when we checked in. Parked it in the hallway at night to charge. Easy as can be.

Hope that helps!

Check out the disabilities section (if you haven't already):

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

One of the stickies has info on renting scooters and wheelchairs. If you have never traveled like this it is a very helpful section of the DIS.

As stacey already mentioned they are available at the parks. But if you need one for your hotel you might want to consider renting one offsite. Also if you plan to hop you might want to consider renting one because availability is limited, from what I have read here, and if you hop they may not have one available. We are renting a wheelchair offsite for my MIL this trip because she needs something to use at the hotel as well as the parks. This will be my first experience with that though, last time I needed one we just rented a wheelchair in the park and that worked fine because I could walk short distances, long was the problem then. Anyway, take a venture over to the disabilites part of the board, like I said you can get lots of info there.

gl.

edit: here is the exact post with the wheelchair info:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713&highlight=wheelchair

We've rented a scooter twice for my mom...once from Scootarama and once from Apple Scooters. They are much nicer, and way cheaper, than the ones in the parks. We've had them delivered to Port Orleans and to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Both times they were there waiting for us, and it saved my moms knees walking in the resort. When it's time to check out, you just leave it with bell service. Super easy and convenient. :thumbsup2 :)

My wife usually rents one (major back problems) at least at Epcot because it's such a big park, and sometimes in the other parks. They are $70 a day with a $20 deposit refundable upon return. The biggest issue I see with renting from Disney is the rental stations are not close enough to the transportation. Renting from an independent company will not only save a lot of money, but you'll have use of the scooter the whole distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter