Renting a car or tour?

BitsnBearsMom

<font color=green>We sure are lucky that way<br><f
We will be in Vegas from march 13-16 and want to see the Hoover dam and some other sights (any recommendations.... There were some in my post below but always open to other suggestions) .... There are 6 of us (dh, myself, almost 18yo DS, 12yo DS, gramma and gramps) and I'm wondering if we are better off to grab a map and rent a car for a day or if we should arrange a tour? I don't believe we need a car the whole time.... We are staying at the bellagio and should have plenty of transportation options.

Since there are so many people in your party, I'd rent a car. It'd be more efficient, and cost efficient. However, if money is not at issue and you just want to relax and let someone else do all the driving, then go with the tour or other transportation options.

Personally, I'd like having the car. Rent it from the airport, and you don't have to take a shuttle or taxi into the strip to your hotel. There's complimentary parking at the hotels (at least there was when I was last there in July), so you don't have to worry about any outrageous daily parking charges. If you want to go shopping at the factory outlets, you'd have transportation right there. (Several years ago, we didn't rent a car and went to the factory outlet by taxi, it cost us $25 each way. We also tried taking a bus once, and it took FOREVER for the bus to move along the strip as well as making its stops.)

Yeah you might be better off with a car for the longer distance things. Especially depending on how mobile the grandparents are. Each hotel has free parking somewhere on site, always do. I usually have my car with me when I go to Vegas, it just gives me some flexibility of going where I want when I want. Hoover Dam is easy enough to get to driving, you really don't need a tour for that. Perhaps only rent the car for the days you think you need it and then ditch it the rest of the time. Just a thought. Good luck and have fun in Vegas

I would not rent the car. The transporation in Vegas is abundant and you might save money if you book your tour through an online source with discounts, there are many, or at the airport they have options too...even the Bellagio can book one for you. To rent a car, drive, gas, etc...I would just enjoy it better myself if I was not doing all of it. Also, driving in Vegas is no fun. We always drive from So Cal and valet the car, then don't take it out until we leave. Crazy people on those drives.

I'm sure Belligio has a rental car desk there just call the hotel and ask who it's run by. Reserve a car online,it's way cheeper.
We rented a car for the day from Palazzo lobby for around $60 went to hoover dam and Red Rocks park for the day, much better then a bus tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter