Renting a car in Port Canaveral

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by fast43, Mar 23, 2012.

1. fast43

fast43 Mouseketeer

I have a rental car set up from Dollar rental car picking it up from the Wydham in Lake Buena Vista , florida and dropping it off at Cape Canaveral. Do they have a shuttle service that will take me to the port after I drop off the car? We are also renting a car when we return to the port and I have the same question about whether the rental car company (Dollar) will have a shuttle to pick me up from the port.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Carriemel

Carriemel Emma Clare's Mommy

First off...please take the caps lock key off. When you use all capital letters it comes across as yelling in interweb forums.

Ok...so to answer your question about the port...according to one website...

Six Agencies with Drop Off at the Port
    Here are the Port Canaveral car rental companies that provide drop-off service and shuttle to the cruise ship: Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty.

These car rental companies at the airport have locations at the port, which allows most of them to offer free drop off service. They also provide free shuttle service to the cruise ships and will pick you up after the cruise and bring you back to pick up your rental car again for the remainder of your trip. (And you don't pay for the rental while you're on your cruise.)

So, yeah...I'd think it'd be a free shuttle to the car rental agency.

4. gmeh1

gmeh1 DIS Veteran

Add to that list Alamo-(321)866-0324
    and National -(321)866-0324
    As to the pick up-drop off, I have no idea. But the phone numbers are here, so you could call.

5. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Are you saying that Alamo/National now have shuttle service from the rental office to the ship??? They haven't in the past, which has prevented me from renting from them. Just curious.

6. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

Actually the office at Port Canaveral is an Enterprise office which is now owned by Alamo.

This is the info listed when I tried to rent from that location
    Policy Information

•Your rental will be serviced by Enterprise Rent-A-Car, in partnership with Alamo and Virgin Holidays.

6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
    CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920-5820
    Tel.: (321) 866-0324
    We'll Pick You Up. ™

7. gmeh1

gmeh1 DIS Veteran

As I said, I was not sure of the shuttle service, that is why I listed the phone numbers. That way you can call and find out. :)

8. gmeh1

gmeh1 DIS Veteran

Actually, Enterprise owns Alamo and National.