Renting a car at WDW

msmama

DIS Veteran
If I remember correctly, it's possible to rent a car at WDW (TTC maybe)?

Does anyone have any more info? What company is it through? Average price for a mid-size car?

We definitely need a car but I'm wondering if it's easier to rent one from the airport for the duration of the trip of just rent on the 2 days we're leaving Disney grounds.

We'll be driving to the coast for a shuttle launch (hopefully) and then to Sea World if it matters.

Alamo/National is located at the Disney Car Care Center (on World Drive just south of the MK/TTC parking lot). They will pick you up / drop you off at your resort for free if you call ahead of time. There is also a Hertz desk at Shades of Green. There are others on property as well, but I don't have the complete list at hand just now.

You can also rent from Alamo/National at the Dolphin, over by Epcot. You have to get yourself there but that isn't usually an issue. Just take a bus to DHS and walk or boat to the Dolphin if you don't want to be at Epcot that day. Then reverse it when you want to return the car.
You can also find car rental companies in DTD. For instance, Budget is located at the Doubletree Guest Suites. They will send a car to get you and bring you to their rental office so you can get your car.

We rented from the National that is located at the Disney Car Care Center 3 years ago during the 1st week of December. We took Magical Express from the airport to ASSports and had to take a shuttle to the Car Care Center. It cost $350 for 8 days. We paid for a midsize vehicle, but it must have been a slow week because they gave us a Jeep Liberty which was pretty awesome. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter