Renting a car at the port after the cruise?

lpizzuro123

DIS Veteran
We have friends going on a cruise with us this November. We will have our car and will be driving to and from the port. They are taking Disney transportation to the port and would like to rent a car after the cruise to head up to Jacksonville to visit family.

Anyone have any good recommendations for renting a car at the port? Would the rent a car place pick them up at the terminal and bring them to the rent a car place?

Linda

I am assuming you are sailing from Port Canaveral.
If so, I suggest Avis. Its about a mile from the port and they run a shuttle every 15 or so minutes. We recently did this on our cruise and it ran about as smooth as possible.

This past January we rented from.. I want to say Enterprise. Also just down the road, 5 minutes away. There was a shuttle waiting for us when we got off the boat, left within a few minutes, got to the car rental, signed the papers and left. Worked out great. There are at least 3 or 4 rental places within a mile or so of the port, they all advertise shuttles.

Thanks for all the replies. I sent a link for Avis to my friend but also told her to Google rent a car by Port Canaveral - that there were more rent a car places near there. Hopefully she will now do her research.

Linda

The following rental offices are all within about 3 miles from the port.

Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo. They all have shuttles and you can find discount codes for them at www.mousesavers.com

We have used several of them at all different times and I can't say one is any better than another. I book based on price at the time of my rental. Have had good and bad experiences at all of them.

MJ

The following rental offices are all within about 3 miles from the port. Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo. They all have shuttles and you can find discount codes for them at www.mousesavers.com We have used several of them at all different times and I can't say one is any better than another. I book based on price at the time of my rental. Have had good and bad experiences at all of them. MJ

Thanks for the info, MJ.

We will need to rent a car to drive home next Oct., as we are flying to San Juan for a southern but are also sailing on the Magic repo from San Juan to PC. We need to rent a car to drive from PC to Tampa. I'll save this info!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have used Budget and Dollar. I highly recommend Budget for their service and rates. Even though we got a great rate at Dollar, I will never use them again. We stood outside for a shuttle to take us from their store to port a good hour. In the time being the driver would drop off cruisers from port to the office but would take an empty shuttle back to port. There were a lot of us waiting after a lot of complaining they were like "fine".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter