Rented points at WLV with 5 adults

krichards

Mouseketeer
After lots of research I'm really concerned about the sleeping arrangements for 5 adults in a studio villa. I have already paid in full because I'm using Davids. Someone please help. The Murphy bed is not looking like it'll sleep a grown adult. I can't cancel at this point or I will loose every dime. Do they have cots or room for a single air mattress in the rooms?

you'd have to bring your own air mattress. DVC does not provide cots or anything like that.

i stayed at the VGF last year that had a similar murphy bed and agree that it would be a tough fit for most adults...but if you are just using the room as a place to crash, maybe it could work.

For me, it would be too snug, especially considering that you'll have 5 adults trying to share one bathroom. IMO, the DVC studios were designed for singles or couples. Is it possible for some members of your party to get a second room, either through David's or a cash reservation, either at the villas or the WL?

If not, it's do-able. :) The DVC resorts don't provide cots or extra bedding, but you will be able to fit a twin air mattress, either in the little hallway by the front door or by the vanity, next to the bathroom door.

It's not doable to get another room at this point. They just shouldn't advertise it sleeping 5 adults if that's not really possible. We are ok with just 1 bathroom but I should have done more research on the Murphy bed size before booking. Is the bed similar to a twin but shorter? Does anyone have a good description of it?

The murphy bed is long enough for a shorter adult to sleep on- it is at least 5 feet long.

I don't know where you saw that 5 adults would comfortably fit in a studio as I have rarely seen that suggested on the disboards. My DH and I use them for trips by ourselves. I think your storage and bathroom use for 5 adults in a studio will be even worse than the sleeping situation. Just because the occupancy allows 5 people in a room doesn't mean it is a comfortable fit.

I didn't say it was going to be comfortable haha. We are use to traveling together and staying close so that doesn't bother me but of they say it will sleep 5 adults then it should truly sleep 5 adults. POR is the same sleeping arrangements and it doesn't say it will sleep 5 adults. It should be listed to sleep 4 adults and a child.

That was before the renovation. The renovation upgraded the double sleeper sofa to a queen sleeper sofa. I called disney and wilderness lodge to verify because it's not clear on the Internet since the refurbishment.

There's not a huge difference between a double and a queen, I think it's 6" in width and 5" in length.

The pictures I linked to were post renovation.

I'm not really sure where this conversation got off to talking about the queen sleeper sofa anyways. My question is about the Murphy bed...

My 15 year old slept on the murphy bed for one night last month. He is 5'4" and weighs a little over 100 pounds. No one much bigger than him will sleep on the bed comfortably. An adult might sleep curled up on it, but I can't imagine it would be comfortable.

I have never seen a VWL studio advertised to sleep 5 adults. A family of 5 with three small children, maybe, but certainly not 5 adults. It is going to be very tight. My family of 3 thought it was tight. Hardly any storage since the dresser was turned into the murphy bed.

A blow up mattress would fit right in front of the door to the hallway, but if you put it in the bathroom area, no one could use the bathroom during the night.

I'm not really sure where this conversation got off to talking about the queen sleeper sofa anyways. My question is about the Murphy bed...

It started when I pointed out that the second bed is a sleeper sofa, not a regular bed. I slept on one at BWV by myself and hated it. The next night I slept on it closed. You'll have to report back on how it was. And if it's double or queen (I still think it's double by the picture).

Debbie, a long time member of this community, was just trying to point out that you made an additional wrong assumption in addition to your original issue with the Murphy bed . Sometimes, threads go off on tangents. You can argue with her all you want, but I think she's just trying to prepare you for what the situation might be.

I'd consider having two of the adults getting another room, especially if you're on a week-long trip. I can't imagine cramming 5 adults into a studio.

My daughter did sleep comfortably on the POR Murphy bed last summer. She was 6 at the time.

From the member website:

The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Deluxe Studio

Sleeps up to 5
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa,
1 pull-down bunk-size bed
•Kitchenette
•Paper plates and bowls, and plastic utensils
•Small refrigerator
•Microwave
•Wet bar
•Full bathroom

The bunk sized bed is smaller than a twin sized bed - not as long and not as wide.

If you bring a twin sized airbed, you'll need to put it in the entrance way by the bathroom and kitchenette.

The sleeper sofa in the VGF studio is queen sized. But I think that is the only one that is that size in the studio.

I rented a studio before, and will again come Feb. There is no way on this earth that 5 adults could ever be comfortable-sleeping wise. There is just not enough room. I get that the OP rented thru Davids, as did I. I wish you luck.

There is no place to move furniture, and 1 bathroom might be difficult.
IS there any way some of the others could get a different room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter