Rental vs towncar & location of National @ MCO?

TripletsMom

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide if I should go with using towncar service(actually van...we have 5 to transport) or renting a car. I was set on using the towncar service, but was able to get a fullsize car at National for 5/18 to 5/25 for $159 (all fees and taxes included). Now I'm rethinking my original plans. We're staying 8 days, so we could save some money by eating off-site a couple of nights and an occasional trip to the grocery store may be nice.

Can anyone tell me where is National located at MCO? Is it far fromt he luggage area? If we use towncar service, having someone help with the bags is a plus as we are traveling with 3 kids. Also, is it worth it to have the rental?

Thanks to this board, I was able to get a good rate from National!

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

National is literally right next to the luggage area. You walk across a one way road to ther rental area and you are there.

I always rent a car. I manage my own luggage and with DH and kids, we do fine. I need to be in control of my own transportation and I like the flexibility of having my own car. When I drive, there is no one to blame but myself if we don't get to the airport on time. We don't have to wait for a bus unless we want to. I don't have to worry if a towncar is going to pick me up at the right time.

I am a firm believer in getting rental cars. But am also a control freak.

That is a great rate for a car - I would totally rent for that! In the long run, you could end up saving money since you could easily come and go off property if you wish. If your kids could handle their own luggage, you could have one person wait in line for the rental car while the others get the luggage to save yourself some time. Plus, the freedom to come and go as you please would be great. I prefer to drive to DTD if I am staying on property since carrying all those bags on the bus is rather cumbersome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter