Rental Villas near Disney?

stkf

Earning My Ears
I am heading to Florida for 6 weeks this summer, going July through August and would like to rent a villa that really is "close to Disney". Can anybody recommend any good locations/websites. Ideally I would like to be about £400 a week, is this feasible?

Kissimmee is your best bet, close to restaurants, supermarkets and close to Disneyworld too.
Numerous different developments, generally speaking for a 4 bedroom in summer you are looking more at £500, 3 bedrooms probably more in your price bracket. Naturally it can all depend on what the owners choose to charge.

The 2 best websites I use are, www.villas2000.com and www.vr360homes.co.uk

Thanks, I will check these out. It would be a three bedroom I am looking for. Alternatively I might try a townhouse, anybody got any recommendations here?
I have stayed in Remington the last few times I was in florida and it is simply too far away.

There are some nice townhouses at Windsor Hills, again located in Kissimmee.

As far as 3 bedroomed homes go there are not as many about, majority tend to be 4/5.
However, if you find one you like the price will be less than a larger home.

We stayed at Regal Palms in Davenport :thumbsup2 in a townhouse and would definitely recommend it .

I think prices may be higher in summer but we paid £350 per week in January. We booked through holidaylettings too. Although we did lots of checking on tripadvisor before booking .I believe the owner has 3 bedroom and 4 bedroom units.

I am happy to pass on his details if you PM me.

Hi,

I've PM;d you some details - hope they help.

We stayed at Rolling Hills and absolutely loved it.

We've booked in Indian Creek this year - one of the villa locations very close to Disney. What we did this year was put our requirements on http://www.indiancreekflorida.com/. This is a website for owners of villas of the area. You can scroll through the villas or put your requirements in a form and let the owners contact you. We've booked a lovely 5 bedroom villa for less than the cost of an equivalent 4 bedroom one. With a longer term let like that I suspect owners will be very interested - make sure you put all your requirements on the form to get the best matches. I have to say it was nice to have people bid for my business rather than the other way around.

We have always stayed in villas on our Florida holidays and, up to now, have always used http://www.orlandovillas.com/
They have 40+ 3 bed villas on there but me and DW have just been chatting and we have tended to find that for the price of a 3 bed you can normally get a 4 or 5 bed - a lot of the time with better facilities.

I don't know if you have stayed in a villa before but they differ greatly in terms of what they offer. The minimum we demand from any that we are renting is:
  • Free international phone calls
  • Free internet access and Wi-Fi
  • South facing pool that is not overlooked
  • Games room
Everyone is different but we never compromise on any of the above as we feel to do so would be compromising on our whole holiday.
The best one we have stayed in so far, in terms of location and vacinity, has been Cumbrian Lakes on Ponciana Blvd. Not only was it close to Disney, and closer to Universal than any other we had stayed in before, it was also just off US192 so had good, easy access to a whole host of shops, restaurants and attractions (Old Town to name one).

Wow, thanks very much for the information. This is very much appreciated. We have also been recommended Worldquest resort, has anybody heard of this?

Not that familiar with it, decent location close to the south end of International Drive, more like a Vistana type resort than a villa development.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter