Rental Q: Book 2 vehicle classes, decide after seeing what's avail at airport?

chocolatemint

researcher extraordinaire
Wondering if it's possible to book 2 different classes of vehicles, and then choose which one to keep AFTER seeing what's on the lot? For example -- book a compact and a midsize, but delete the midsize rental if there are midsize vehicles in the compact row?

Seems there must be something in place to prevent this but figured I'd ask. :)

I did that in Sept 2013 with Alamo. Reserved a van and standard class in case a van was in the standard row.

I would check the cancellation policy before doing this. It sounds like you're going to have two different rentals booked, so if you have a non-refundable or some other restriction, there might be a penalty associated with a last minute cancellation.

Also, this will not work (probably) at the Alamo/National counter at the Dolphin because you do not see the car(s) before picking up the rental. You get the keys and then take them to the Dolphin valet station and they bring the car to you.

Wondering if it's possible to book 2 different classes of vehicles, and then choose which one to keep AFTER seeing what's on the lot? For example -- book a compact and a midsize, but delete the midsize rental if there are midsize vehicles in the compact row?

Seems there must be something in place to prevent this but figured I'd ask. :)

I think the main thing you would need to be aware of would be the cancellation policy. You wouldn't want to lose out on any pre-payment or end up charged as a no-show for the reservation you decided not to use. I haven't rented a car in a long time, but I know the cancellation policy is always the very FIRST thing I ask about when booking a hotel room (even before I ask the price)...and I generally won't book any hotel that won't allow me to cancel the same day as I was planning to check in. I'd want the same thing with the rental car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter