Rental or town car?

DiznyMagic

<font color=green>Touched by a fairy<br><font colo
I am still torn as to what is the best way to do this so I'm turning to the experts for suggestions/advice:

We are arriving one day prior to sailing...no problem here we plan on taking DME from the airport to BLT. My dilemma is from BLT to Port. So far the cheapest rate in towncar I found was 276.00 not including 27.60 tip x 2 according to the site. I am wondering if it would be cheaper to rent a car, which will allow us to make a stop at our leisure to buy wine for the ship ;) and then park it the port. It will also provide us with a car on the way back. We are staying another week after sailing but do not anticipate needing a car at that time.

Is it a waste of money to get a car just for this or cheaper than towncar? Also if where would we get a car once we check into BLT?

Thanks!

For that kind of money, I would get a rental car. The drive is an easy one, and it's really nice to just get off the ship and into your car.
You could rent through Alamo/National at the Car Care Center, close to MK entrance. They will send a car to get you over to their office. Or you can head to the Dolphin, outside Epcot, and rent through Alamo/National there..no shuttle.
There are various car rental companies in DTD in those resorts. For instance, Budget is located in the Doubletree Guest Suites. Some can send a car to bring you to the office but you need to call them to be sure. Or, just bus to DTD and walk over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter