Rental home?

sissybells

<font color=green>"Second star to the right and st
Has anyone ever stayed in a rental home in Davenport, Fl? If so, is it a safe area, and an ok distace from the parks? TIA

I've stayed in Davenport twice and will be back there in 8 days.

It is a very safe area. Very nice. We stayed at the Regal Palms resort which is a gated resort that was very nice. They just have villas there, no houses. The place we are staying at next week is a house with a private pool and I can't wait (it's in a different neighborhood, but still in Davenport).

Depending on traffic and just where in Davenport you are staying it can take 20-35 min to get to the parks.

Davenport is a large area when it comes to vacation homes and depending on which community it is there will be different ways to get to the parks area .Any area is safe if you take the same precautions as you would at home -make sure you have locked doors and blinds closed when you go out and at night .
If you say where it is you are thinking of better info can be given to you xx

Agree with Darcy03231, Clermont and Davenport areas are safe and about 20 mins to WDW. We are RD people so we don't encounter heavy traffic going to the parks. Sometimes we make it in record time that we don't finish our breakfast tacos by the time we arrive at the parking lot.

We have stayed in the Legacy area that has gated communities and in non-gated areas. I like the area because the 24 hr. Walgreens and Wal-Mart are close by and the traffic on 27 is not heavy like on 92. It's easy to get in and out of the different parking areas. We always get great deals on 4 & 5 bdroom homes. We already have a house for our Christmas week vacation.

We are looking for a rental for Christmas too. We want to stay 12 nights, so we plan to take it easy and hang out at the pool for a few of the days. Regal Palms looks as if they offer plenty to keep us busy on our "rest" days from the parks. My kids are 22, 19, and 6. Is Regal Palms the best resort for us? We are open to suggestions. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter