Rental cars and pets

bearybubba

Mouseketeer
I've tried finding this info here on DIS and the car rental sites, but I haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone know if you are allowed to have dogs in rental cars?
TIA

I would assume that as long as the pet does nothing destructive then it's OK. Or you could just call the rental car company directly.

Funny I don't know, but I would assume not.
DD has 2 dogs and they shed merclessly in her car. Sitting on the seat after they have been in the car makes my clothes a real mess. Plus they pant, and they drool etc. They are dogs acting like dogs. I would think rental car agencies would avoid this situation

I have rented many, many cars, and not once have I signed a rental contract which mentions pets. How could they make more mess than a child? ;)

I have rented many, many cars, and not once have I signed a rental contract which mentions pets. How could they make more mess than a child? ;)

Do children usually shed?:cutie: I know the minute my dogs jump in my car they start leaving little pieces of themselves all over.:dog::dog:

People are allergic to dogs, not children! If someone hops into the backseat, after you've returned the car, and the car wasn't cleaned thoroughly, then someone could have an allergic reaction.
But, I have no idea if you're allowed to have pets in a rental car.

People are allergic to dogs, not children! If someone hops into the backseat, after you've returned the car, and the car wasn't cleaned thoroughly, then someone could have an allergic reaction.
But, I have no idea if you're allowed to have pets in a rental car.

I believe that some people are allergic to children! Kids can make a huge mess; much worse than a dog shedding hair.

This is silly. Someone could have eaten peanuts in the car; what if someone with a peanut contact allergy (actually very rare) rented the car next? Should the contract state no food in the car?

OP, if you need to take a dog in your rental car, do so without worry!

I believe that some people are allergic to children! Kids can make a huge mess; much worse than a dog shedding hair.

This is silly. Someone could have eaten peanuts in the car; what if someone with a peanut contact allergy (actually very rare) rented the car next? Should the contract state no food in the car?

OP, if you need to take a dog in your rental car, do so without worry!

I don't think telling them to just go ahead is a good idea. They should contact the rental agency. It would be unpleasant if they OP had to pay a cleaning fee they were not expecting. Or showed up with pet in tow to be told they weren't allowed.

Why would someone show up at a rental car agency with a dog?

As I already stated, I have rented cars many, many, many times; never had a contract prohibiting pets. Put a blanket over the seat, or crate the dog (which is how they should be transported in a car anyway).

So much worrying over nothing.

I have personally had contracts from rental car companies that have specifically mentioned that pets were NOT allowed in the vehicle.

I have travel with my Brother and his dog, we had to switch cars at the airport before making the trip, and I stood there with the dog, while my Brother did the paper work, and got the new car, National Car Rental said nothing and even gave us a bottle of water for Miley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter