• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car when going off property

BRMommy

Earning My Ears
I MUST stay on property. That is not open to discussion. We are planning to stay at Port Orleans-Riverside on our upcoming trip. The kids would like to go to Universal for one day. What are my transportation options and what do you feel is the best choice? I am wondering if it is worth it or if I should say we are sticking to all Disney parks. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Depends on how long you'll be there. If you're going for a longer trip, going to Universal would be great. There are car rental sites in WDW at the Care Care Centre & Swan & Dolphin-Alamo and National, DTD hotels also have car rental desks. Mears runs a shuttle from WDW to Universal too.

If you are only going to WDW for a few days then I would just stay at WDW.

Depends on the overall length of your trip.

A one day, two park ticket for Universal is $100 per child 3 to 9 and 109$ for an adult. That adds up to a fairly expensive one day visit when you factor in the shuttle or rental car.

Regardless, this is a question best suited for the Transportation board and as such I'll be moving this over there.

Thanks,

K

We will be there for 9 days. What are the rates for the Mears shuttle? Can you rent a car from the desk at Port Orleans?

Can you rent a car from the desk at Port Orleans?

You can't rent one from the desk at port orleans, but others have said that Alamo car care center has a shuttle to pick you up.

Or you can rent Alamo or National at the Dolphin hotel.

Or, one of our favorites, Dollar at the Regal Sun Resort in DTD (formerly Grosvenor)

Next month, 2/4-2/9. we taking ME when we arrive on 2/4; I'm renting Alamo at the Buena Vista Suite in DTD for 2/5-2/8 (Great Weekend deal, $10. day - total cost $58 - 4 days), then I'll return that and walk next door and rent from Dollar with a return to MCO for $38 for one day.

If you do rent a car, you may have to plan for 2 days. These "city" rental locations don't have the hours that the airport does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter