Rental Car vs Limo from airport.

MaMudduck

Disney Princess Forever
I was wonder what everyone felt about getting a rental car vs. a limo's from MCO
I have an extra day before & after our 7 nights at WDW. So instead of taking a limo or taxi ($109 return), I'd get a rental car at MCO & drop it off at the Car Care Center in WDW.
Anyone done this before? Will the Car Care Center take me to my hotel (CBR) after I drop the car off?

2nd Question (unrelated)- How long does it really take to get to the parks from CBR by Disney transport?

Thanks
Wendy

Well, it depends on the price. If you pick up the car at MCO and drop it off in WDW how will you get back to the airport. You might be lucky and get a good rate for a car rental that you keep all week.

We got a rate of $132 with all taxes for 8 days, a full size car with National. Having a car on property offers many conveniences too.
flowerface.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Cindala,

That's a good rate. Can you tell me how you booked it? I haven't been able to get anything lower than $150 with taxes included.

Thanks!

Yeah Cindala, I can seen to find anything that low either.
I was really thinking of getting a 1 day car rental MCO (SAT.)next day drop off CCC & then after 7 days at WDW pick up at CCC(SUN) drop off at MCO (TUES am. flight out)
lowest daily I can find is $28.00 p/d
Wendy

If you drop off a car at the Car Care Centre, how does one get to their resort?

And if you want the car back for the return leg home, will they bring the car to the resort?

Anybody?

TIA

Scratch
:smooth:

I don't know about the rental car stuff, but the transportation at CBR is pretty good. The longest ride anywhere was 10-15 minutes to MK. The closest park was MGM at 5 minutes. The bus to DTD in the afternoon takes a little longer (or so it seemed to me) because it stops inside of Typhoon Lagoon.

If you are a member of AAA they have great rates with Hertz. We use them all the time at MCO. We are driving away from the off site location in 10 mins or less.

Originally posted by I Need Magic
Cindala,

That's a good rate. Can you tell me how you booked it? I haven't been able to get anything lower than $150 with taxes included.

Thanks!

When I first started looking, our rate was over $250! I just kept trying every week, with every code possible.

Finally in February, there was this week that alot of people got great rates on their car rentals. I used the old Disney Club code in combination with an Entertainment coupon for $20 off.

I have three reservations with National! One I already cancelled, and one I still have to cancel. I started with a reservation for $218, then it dropped to $178, then finally $132.

It seems that sometimes the better deals come closer to your date than further out.:earsgirl:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter